lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2021, 08:19 PM   #1
Intrnlstorm
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV not moving

So I bought a 2008 RXV. I had one years ago and this one is for my mom. The person before me said that sometimes “it takes a while to warm up before it moves”. I know that’s weird so here I am asking. It has the old style brake on it but I hear it click and disengage when I turn the key. The thing is that doesn’t move unless it’s turned on for a little while and then finally runs like normal. I’ve rebuilt all battery cables because they were really corroded.

Things I know
- original brake
- original charger, which gets the batteries to 50.3v - seems low?
- batteries 3 years old Trojans

What should I check? I’m capable, just need guidance so I’m not throwing parts at this cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intrnlstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2021, 03:15 AM   #2
gruelens
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV not moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnlstorm View Post
So I bought a 2008 RXV. ...
Things I know
- original brake
What should I check? I’m capable, just need guidance so I’m not throwing parts at this cart.
I also own a 2008 RXV. Recently while exploring another problem, I saw I had the old style motor brake with the lever. This style brake has a high rate of failure, so I recommend replacing it with the newer style brake.'

My charger takes my battery pack up to 62+ volts before cycling off. Your batteries will never receive a full charge at 50.3 v. max charge.

Trojan batteries at 3 years old can still be very effective. However, undercharging the batteries will result in premature sulfation of the battery plates. All the best.
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 05:14 AM   #3
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

One thing I might add if you replace the brake only buy a OEM brake. Some of the aftermarket brake are having problems holding up over time.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:11 AM   #4
Nomad297
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrnlstorm View Post
So I bought a 2008 RXV. I had one years ago and this one is for my mom. The person before me said that sometimes “it takes a while to warm up before it moves”. I know that’s weird so here I am asking. It has the old style brake on it but I hear it click and disengage when I turn the key. The thing is that doesn’t move unless it’s turned on for a little while and then finally runs like normal. I’ve rebuilt all battery cables because they were really corroded.

Things I know
- original brake

I had this same problem (except for the “warming-up” part) with my 2009 RXV. It was a simple fox for me, but may not be the same problem with yours. I found that brake disengage lever had wiggled loose to become disengaged just enough to be engaged sometimes and disengaged at others. All it took was for me to completely engage it and the problem was fixed.

Bruce
Nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:58 AM   #5
Intrnlstorm
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you for the replies. I am ordering a DPI charger in a few minutes, I know it will need one anyways. The stock one died on mine and everyone says they will, it’s just a matter of time. I will order a brake as well, as they do the same and this is the first old style that I’ve seen “still working”.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:41 AM   #6
rngilliland
Gone Wild

If you still have the small solenoid that is hardwired into the harness you should replace it. Ezgo part # 609428
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:58 PM   #7
Intrnlstorm
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So I took my mom’s cart again this winter and she was having intermittent problems at the end of last season. She would drive around her campground, stopped to talk to friends and then it wouldn’t move again. First thing I did was to change out the solenoid & it made no change I was experiencing half mile per hour travel at all times it just didn’t want to move. I ohm’d out the temperature sensor and it was fine. I then decided to do the bearing encoder inside the motor. It wasn’t hard to do, the majority of the time I used to take out the rear seat. Easy fix and now it’s been running for a couple of days without problem.

Just posting for future researchers.
Old 05-10-2022, 04:41 PM   #8
Threeput
Gone Wild

Had similar problems with my 2009 RXV..till I discovered the electric plug going going into the brake was not making contact with the brake pins...
try putting key in N and run/tow switch to tow see if the cart can move freely by pushing...if it is still locked up try wiggling the plug to see if the brake comes off....I removed the plug and bent the contacts in the plug in a little...no more problems
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO