lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2021, 12:55 PM   #1
NachoCheese5583
Not Yet Wild

Smile Suspension Upgrade Western 400 (1984-1986 EZGO Marathon Chassis)

Hello,

I have a Western 400 golf cart that I have been upgrading. I added a backseat kit and I now need to upgrade the suspension to be able to support the added weight.

My best guess is that the chassis is an EZGO Marathon between the years 1984-1986. I found the serial number engraved in the frame under the passenger side seat but unfortunately I have been unable to determine much based on the number 0271508.

My question is: If I purchase and install a heavy duty pair of leaf springs for the rear of the golf cart, do I need to upgrade the suspension in the front as well?

Thank you in advance.
NachoCheese5583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2021, 06:45 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Suspension Upgrade Western 400 (1984-1986 EZGO Marathon Chassis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoCheese5583 View Post
Hello,

I have a Western 400 golf cart that I have been upgrading. I added a backseat kit and I now need to upgrade the suspension to be able to support the added weight.

My best guess is that the chassis is an EZGO Marathon between the years 1984-1986. I found the serial number engraved in the frame under the passenger side seat but unfortunately I have been unable to determine much based on the number 0271508.

My question is: If I purchase and install a heavy duty pair of leaf springs for the rear of the golf cart, do I need to upgrade the suspension in the front as well?

Thank you in advance.
Not really, because the added weight is over & behind the rear axle, not adding any significant weight to the front axle.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marathon, suspension, western
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO