lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2021, 07:43 PM   #1
chuckinnc
Getting Wild

Default Ezgo dcs Alltrax dcx field map #

Just downloaded the Alltrax software & connected to dcx300, setting it up for ezgo dcs cart. The field map says #8, the manual says I need #5 for a dcs cart I dont see anyway to change it using the software. Is there a way to change the field map #? I need the cart for torque more than speed, map # go from 2-9, just wondering if the higher numbers mean more speed & lower numbers more torque. If I cant change the map #, guess I will try it as set at #8.
chuckinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2021, 08:16 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo dcs Alltrax dcx field map #

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinnc View Post
Just downloaded the Alltrax software & connected to dcx300, setting it up for ezgo dcs cart. The field map says #8, the manual says I need #5 for a dcs cart I dont see anyway to change it using the software. Is there a way to change the field map #? I need the cart for torque more than speed, map # go from 2-9, just wondering if the higher numbers mean more speed & lower numbers more torque. If I cant change the map #, guess I will try it as set at #8.
The field map is matched to the motor being used.

For a DCS cart with a stock DCS motor, field map #3 is used.

Field map #8 is for a Club Car PD+ as well as a Yamaha G-19.

Note: There are maps for aftermarket motors also. What motor are you running?

Field maps manipulate the Field Amps based on Armature Amps, so the Field Amps stay above the minimum values on the Field Weakening Limitations Curve for the specific motor the controller is attached to. Go below the curve for very long and the motor smokes.

The attached Limitations Curve is for an AMD EJ motor.

The attached PDF files are the DCX user manual and the Controller-Pro software manual. The field maps ar on Page 1 of the DCX manual and how to change field maps is on page 9 of the software manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Feild weakening for CC AMD motor.jpg (170.2 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc100-005-B_OP-DCX-Operators-Manual.pdf (97.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf Doc120-017-D_OP-Controller-Pro.pdf (517.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:27 PM   #3
chuckinnc
Getting Wild

Default Re: Ezgo dcs Alltrax dcx field map #

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The field map is matched to the motor being used.

For a DCS cart with a stock DCS motor, field map #3 is used.

Field map #8 is for a Club Car PD+ as well as a Yamaha G-19.

Note: There are maps for aftermarket motors also. What motor are you running?

Field maps manipulate the Field Amps based on Armature Amps, so the Field Amps stay above the minimum values on the Field Weakening Limitations Curve for the specific motor the controller is attached to. Go below the curve for very long and the motor smokes.

The attached Limitations Curve is for an AMD EJ motor.

The attached PDF files are the DCX user manual and the Controller-Pro software manual. The field maps ar on Page 1 of the DCX manual and how to change field maps is on page 9 of the software manual.

Thanks, Earlier I got to the place where it said Ugrade but after clicking it I get a message that says [upgrade failed] so I guess I need to call Alltrax tomorrrow
chuckinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO