lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2021, 02:56 PM   #1
radrydz
Not Yet Wild

Default 2017 RXV Slowed Down, Lost All Power, Then Ran Fine

I have a 2017 RXV with 130ah Relion Lithium Battery pack. It runs 29mph. Cart is not lifted. This morning I was driving and the cart started slowing down. It felt like when your Lead-Acid batteries are going dead. Then it came to a compete stop and the entire system shut down. There was no power going anywhere. The motor brake was frozen and lights would not come on. Battery pack was still showing plenty of charge. The cart sat for about 20 minutes. I turned the key and solenoid clicked on and cart ran fine. We have tried running it several times today but cannot recreate the problem. I have a Curtis handheld and it is not showing any faults. Anyone else have this issue?
radrydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2021, 09:22 AM   #2
otowrxv2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2017 RXV Slowed Down, Lost All Power, Then Ran Fine

I had a similar problem with my 2012 RXV. My problem turned out to a bad connection between the controller male pins and the female harness plug. I resolved it by removing connector and spraying CRC contact cleaner into the plug and using a brush to clean it. I finished by using my compressor to blow out the plug and controller receptacle.
otowrxv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:26 PM   #3
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2017 RXV Slowed Down, Lost All Power, Then Ran Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by radrydz View Post
I have a 2017 RXV with 130ah Relion Lithium Battery pack. It runs 29mph. Cart is not lifted. This morning I was driving and the cart started slowing down. It felt like when your Lead-Acid batteries are going dead. Then it came to a compete stop and the entire system shut down. There was no power going anywhere. The motor brake was frozen and lights would not come on. Battery pack was still showing plenty of charge. The cart sat for about 20 minutes. I turned the key and solenoid clicked on and cart ran fine. We have tried running it several times today but cannot recreate the problem. I have a Curtis handheld and it is not showing any faults. Anyone else have this issue?
I have a 2015 RXV that something like this happen as well. I have lead acid batteries and turned out one of my battery post was coming off the battery and I had to get it home with seat off and hold the post down to get contact to be able to go. So sounds like maybe something loose.
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO