lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2021, 04:24 PM   #1
GCEV
Not Yet Wild
Star

Default Star EV LSV - Navitas AC Conversion

Hello -

I have a 2018 Star Sport 4+2 LSV. I recently re-geared the cart from the stock 12:1 to 10:1. Unfortunately, I did not see much (if any) improvement in top speed. (In fact, the cart's top speed was slower before we reprogrammed the controller.)

I would like a top speed of 27-30 (currently top speed ~24) without giving up all my torque. I am considering the Navitas 48V 600A kW AC conversion kit, but wanted to see if anyone on here has tried it and can offer any advice/ insight?

Thanks for your time and help.
GCEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2021, 09:04 PM   #2
Fukushu
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Star EV LSV - Navitas AC Conversion

The crontoller must be programmed for your cart. Whether it be a tax or a tac navitas controller they take everything into account including tire diameter. If you don't have dealer access to their navitas app then you won't be able to program all the configurations including the 25mph bypass.
Fukushu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 02:05 PM   #3
GCEV
Not Yet Wild
Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukushu View Post
The crontoller must be programmed for your cart. Whether it be a tax or a tac navitas controller they take everything into account including tire diameter. If you don't have dealer access to their navitas app then you won't be able to program all the configurations including the 25mph bypass.
That is interesting. There seem to be several videos online showing the installation process and how to work the app. They don't mention needing dealer access to bypass the 25mph configuration.

Would you suggest another route for increasing performance?

thanks!
Old 03-14-2021, 11:00 AM   #4
GCEV
Not Yet Wild
Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukushu View Post

Fukushu- I spoke with Navitas service department. They confirmed that the cart will do 25mph with the conversion kit right out of the box and that the top speed can be adjusted up to 35mph by using the general app downloaded from the App Store. No dealer bypass required.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay