lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2021, 07:43 PM   #1
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Herky/Jerky after Onward upgrade HELP

Just finished my 2017 Onward upgrade: Alltrax 48-400 XCT and Tabodd MZJ400A solenoid with both diodes (stripes to +battery cable side). I have attached my controller settings. The #1 problem: I am having is a herky/jerky motion when I press the accelerator. The cart will not hardly move. My batteries are on their last leg and I intend on buying a lithium pack, but for now I am trying to use these 6ea x 8V batteries until I can not get in 18 holes (which I could before the upgrade). I had the batteries disconnected for about 2 days before completing the upgrade. The #2 problem: I have since plugged them in for overnight charging. I did notice there was no 3 beeps from the ERIC charger. Is this normal?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1782.jpg (142.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1783.jpg (143.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1825.jpg (134.2 KB, 0 views)
cajun000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2021, 09:57 AM   #2
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Herky/Jerky after Onward upgrade HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun000 View Post
Just finished my 2017 Onward upgrade: Alltrax 48-400 XCT and Tabodd MZJ400A solenoid with both diodes (stripes to +battery cable side). I have attached my controller settings. The #1 problem: I am having is a herky/jerky motion when I press the accelerator. The cart will not hardly move. My batteries are on their last leg and I intend on buying a lithium pack, but for now I am trying to use these 6ea x 8V batteries until I can not get in 18 holes (which I could before the upgrade). I had the batteries disconnected for about 2 days before completing the upgrade. The #2 problem: I have since plugged them in for overnight charging. I did notice there was no 3 beeps from the ERIC charger. Is this normal?
Just finished charging my batteries with ERIC (two green lights). Made no difference in the shuddering action of the motor. Will not accelerate at all. The only potential problem that I can see is that the smaller solenoid diode I install was a 3 amp but I could not identify the diode's voltage. Could this be the problem? How can I check the solenoid for proper operation? I connected gator clips to the controller +/- and it reads 50,1 volts. Need trobleshooting ideas. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:14 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Disconnect (one side of) the small diode and test operation.
Fixed? diode faulty or installed backwards
Not fixed? reduce throttle rate to 15% and select turf not street operation.
Re test. Not fixed?
What motor is in the cart? And what is the battery pack voltage reading when you try to go and the cart will not move. (I'm asking for a live reading)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 10:53 AM   #4
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Disconnect (one side of) the small diode and test operation.
Fixed? diode faulty or installed backwards
Not fixed? reduce throttle rate to 15% and select turf not street operation.
Re test. Not fixed?
What motor is in the cart? And what is the battery pack voltage reading when you try to go and the cart will not move. (I'm asking for a live reading)
Removed one side of the small diode and it worked!!! The striped side I had facing the battery + big terminal. I don't know what was the root cause. But it runs now. Would I need to replace this diode - its brand new. I thought it may be the solenoid after I attempted to get a continuity check with a push of the pedal. Did get a beep. Next step is what?

Thanks for your prompt attention and thanks to the SPONSERS of this forum!!!
Old 01-29-2021, 11:13 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The small diode orientation does not have anything to do with the big posts cables.

The small diode "striped end" needs to be on the same side as small positive activation wire which should be the light blue color on your Onward.

The beep sound when connecting the charger was a function of the old controller so it will no longer work that way.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:49 AM   #6
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The small diode orientation does not have anything to do with the big posts cables.

The small diode "striped end" needs to be on the same side as small positive activation wire which should be the light blue color on your Onward.

The beep sound when connecting the charger was a function of the old controller so it will no longer work that way.
Once again, great help from the forum _ thanks Sergio/scottyb!! I did have my diode hooked up backwards. I assumed the small wire going to the big terminal side was the positive side - boy was I wrong. I will not expect the 3 beeps with the new controller. Thanks again and everyone have a great riding day!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car