lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2021, 01:13 AM   #1
USCDude
Getting Wild

Default Converting EZGO RXV to LSV

I want to drive my EZGO RXV at a beach in SC and they only allow LSVs. Would it be cheaper just to sell my EZGO RXV and then buy a LSV?

My current RXV only has front and rear lights. No brake lights (that operate when engaged) horn, rear view mirrors, seat belts etc etc.

USCDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2021, 06:10 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Converting EZGO RXV to LSV

Check local laws. Most require a LSV to be built to those specs from new, manufactured with a 17 digit VIN and a title.
meimk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 06:25 AM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've done the convertion to LSV by myself, but unfortunately that won't help you. It's a question of your local laws. Good luck!
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:03 AM   #4
USCDude
Getting Wild

I live in North Carolina. I am not looking to be legal in NC, but in SC. LOL

I purchased the RXV from a dealer and I do know anything about having a VIN. I imagine the RXV has some type of number on it?
Old 02-14-2021, 10:49 AM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCDude View Post
I live in North Carolina. I am not looking to be legal in NC, but in SC. LOL

I purchased the RXV from a dealer and I do know anything about having a VIN. I imagine the RXV has some type of number on it?
I invested about 2 minutes on a google search and found these 2 links (among others)

https://www.tegacaysc.org/DocumentCe...LSV-ATV?bidId=

https://www.charlestonlaw.net/golf-c...outh-carolina/

Looks like SC expressly prohibits converting a golf cart to an LSV. RXVs have a serial number but they do not have a VIN although that looks to be mute in SC
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 12:20 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

USC, State of South Carolina allows driving a cart on secondary roads of 35 mph or less during daylight hours with just sticker. You need the serial number and insurance. Just what are you wanting to do? It also could be local jurisdiction giving you grief.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 12:25 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Also depending on what year rxv you have there should be two wires under the cup holders you can connect to a 24 volt relay to operate the brake lights.

Edit.. 24 volt relay part number 604110, red and purple wires under the holder
Old 02-14-2021, 10:23 PM   #8
USCDude
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
USC, State of South Carolina allows driving a cart on secondary roads of 35 mph or less during daylight hours with just sticker. You need the serial number and insurance. Just what are you wanting to do? It also could be local jurisdiction giving you grief.
Seabrook Island in Charleston. A pain in the *** these ppl are.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:30 AM   #9
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I live in Louisiana and tried to do the same thing. Converted an RXV including all lighting, DOT windshield, DOT tires, windshield wiper, third brake light, three point seat belts. Pretty much everything on a 2Five except a VIN. According to multiple sources, I should have been able to take it to the local State Police station to be inspected and have a VIN assigned similar to a homebuilt trailer. Was not the case. I went to our local station and also the main headquarters in Baton Rouge with no success. I sold it and purchased a 2Five LSV out of Florida with full vin and title. Good to go now pretty much anywhere we have been including State Parks that do not allow "golf carts". I did have to show my registration and proof of insurance at a couple.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 10:19 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well USC, I went looking and found the rules for Seabrook and it appears they only allow LSVs. Those in SC will actually have a vin, license plate, dot windshield, full lights, everything. A small car basically. Your RXV won’t get there.

https://tidelinesblog.com/2017/06/12...s-of-the-road/
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO