lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2021, 02:06 PM   #1
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Default Club car ds

I have a Club car ds. Not sure of the year? I will post a few photos for help to determine the year and the problem. The cart is a 48 volt with no run tow switch. It was working fine and then went up a steep drive. Smelled a burning smell. Then I had nothing. The solenoid does not click. I replaced it just eliminate that as a issue. I have full pack voltage. Where should I start checking for the problem? Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 45299E12-4F0F-47BF-A21D-7FEB67425254.jpg (137.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5ECA5BD2-B6AB-45B4-A8E0-9DE53AAF5091.jpg (120.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 8A5F45D2-14D7-4A0A-8AF2-1033238F7DD3.jpg (227.1 KB, 0 views)
hot-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2021, 02:57 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Club car ds

First thing I would check if you had a burning smell is the contacts on the shifter lever. You’ll need to remove it and take it apart to access them. Give it all a good cleaning, a wire wheel on the contacts works great to clean them up.

Worst case it probably needed a cleaning anyway. But it doesn’t cost anything and it’s easy to check. If you see any signs of melting or anything in there then you will probably be able to clean it and drive it for a bit, but I’d order a HD FNR from Scotty so it doesn’t happen again.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 03:06 PM   #3
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Sorry. Forgot to mention that I have installed a new heavy duty forward switch. It was purchased from a local cart shop. I took the ignition switch out to check voltage. The voltage checked the same as pack voltage. I did find the serial tag that says it is a 98. I also checked the voltage from the positive of the solenoid to the negative of the battery pack. Did not see any voltage.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:32 PM   #4
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Looking for a little help. I removed the f/r switch everything looked good. I tested the solenoid voltage without much success. I don’t seem to have voltage to the small wires on the solenoid? No clicking. When in reverse I do get the buzzer noise. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-03-2021, 01:00 PM   #5
Leveycr
Not Yet Wild

I have a 98 48v DS as well and mine died while cruising the beach. I replaced the F/R switch to no avail. A new solenoid did the trick. I tested by jacking the cart up and bridging the terminals on the solenoid. Hit the gas. If the wheels turn (be careful of spark), the solenoid is bad.
Leveycr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:03 PM   #6
hot-shot
Gone Wild

When you say bridging the terminals ? Can you explain? Thanks
Old 03-03-2021, 01:29 PM   #7
emoney
Not Yet Wild

What's happening in the middle pic toward the bottom center in what looks like a 6 ga wire with tape wrapped around it? Could be an illusion I spose. Burning smell is throwing me if you've changed out the solenoid and the FnR. Next thing I'd think is a short somewhere. What voltage reading are you getting off the pack?
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:40 PM   #8
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Pack voltage is 50.3. Haven’t charged it in a week. If you are referring to the white wire that is heat shrink.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:42 PM   #9
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Can someone tell me which wires connect to the micro switch in the v glide cover
Old 03-03-2021, 10:31 PM   #10
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-shot View Post
Can someone tell me which wires connect to the micro switch in the v glide cover
Look in the Club Car "stickies" and find the correct wiring diagram for your cart.

Have you checked the solenoid activation circuit for this cart?

Tell us more details of what you have and what it is/is not doing so we can help.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car