lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2021, 01:30 PM   #1
Feinsteina
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 ezgo txt

I am new to golf carts and want to purchase a used one for a retirement community.
I have the opportunity to purchase a 2000 EZGO TXT with an upgraded 2015 body. Seats 2. Has Trojan battery - cannot determine age. Comes with charger.
Asking price is $2200. Is this a fair price? Would appreciate tips on what to look for. Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart.jpg (17.5 KB, 0 views)
Feinsteina is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2021, 01:37 PM   #2
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 ezgo txt

Doesn't seem terrible, depending on the battery age/state. I think I got a pretty decent deal on my 2003 (original body) about this time last year. Lift kit, rear seat, tires/wheels for $2,200 sale price.

Granted, the batteries aren't the best, but I'm squeezing what I can out of them.

I'd ask them to charge the pack, let rest for 12-18 hours and give you a voltage reading off the pack. You want to be as close to 38.2 as you can. If the pack is decent, I'd offer $1,900 and go from there.
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 01:43 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Batteries should have a stamp on the negative terminal with a letter and number. Letter is month and number is year. Also what drive system is it?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 02:35 PM   #4
Feinsteina
Not Yet Wild

this is the response from seller:

"There are 6 batteries in all. The stamps on the negative terminals are L 8 and H 8. All battery readings taken earlier today were 6.2 after about 16 hours off the charger. Not sure how to respond to type of drive system other than electric motor."

Any further advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Old 03-10-2021, 03:08 PM   #5
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feinsteina View Post
this is the response from seller:

"There are 6 batteries in all. The stamps on the negative terminals are L 8 and H 8. All battery readings taken earlier today were 6.2 after about 16 hours off the charger. Not sure how to respond to type of drive system other than electric motor."

Any further advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Ask them how Forward and Reverse work. Either a switch on dash or a lever below seat.

My guess is this cart will be with a lever, thus a series drive cart.
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:18 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well if it is a 2000 all drive types will have the handle by your leg. If you look under the seat a series drive will have a rod going from the lever to a box on the passenger side. If sepex(DCS,PDS) it will be a round disk behind the lever. If the fnr switch is on the dash it is newer than 2000 and would be a PDS.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:28 PM   #7
Feinsteina
Not Yet Wild

From seller: "Lever below the seat. I replaced the original short lever with an extended shifter purchased from EZGO. Much easier to grip. I still have the original lever as well."

Based on the information so far- what do you all recommend?
Thank you so much!
Old 03-10-2021, 03:56 PM   #8
cdressel
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

kgsc - FYI - My 2000 TXT is a PDS and has the switch on the dash. I believe EZGO changed to this mid-year 2000. The 2000 year was sort of a mixed bag of different configurations.
Chuck
cdressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 04:30 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is a 200 series cart. These are the workhorses of the TXT line up. At 36v they will be slow and steady. Better performance on 48v but not the mean green street machine that a later yr PDS or TXT48 would be... but then again it is a great price and a reliable model golf cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 04:41 PM   #10
DaveTM
Gone Wild

With the terminal stamping of H8 & L8, those batteries would have been made in late 2018. So they would be just over two years old. If they were maintained properly you should get at least 3 more good years outta 'em.

With a newer body it would be difficult to determine the "use" of the cart. I would look underneath the cart at the frame and floor metal (these carts are a frame with sheetmetal welded on top where needed) and see if there is major rust. (Not surface rust....but holes and possibly frame cracks.)

If the new body was installed 5 years ago I would think the cart would still be fine. I doubt someone would slap on a new body on a bad frame.

Remember, everything on the cart can be replaced with aftermarket (and factory) parts. Not that you want to do that unless you wish to modify the cart for off-road use or make it a "fast 'n pretty" street cart.

I purchased my 2000 EZ-GO txt (series) cart 13 years ago. I've made many modifications to it and it simply runs like a champ.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO