lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2021, 10:34 AM   #1
LisaKick
Not Yet Wild

Smile Gas Club Car Gets Hot Under Seat

I’m new the the golf cart world so forgive me if I ask a lot of questions in the future.
I just purchased my gas 2009 Club Car golf cart. The previous owner told me it was governed down so it only gets up to 15 mph. When I drive it several miles down the road it gets really hot under the seat. Hot as to the point you have to move over because it’s too hot on your leg.
As I was driving it home, it kept acting like it was out of gas and was gonna die on me. I just put gas in it so it had a full tank. I would ease up on the gas pedal & push it down and it would get me going again. This happened 3 times.
When I got home I took the seat off to cool the engine down and even after 30 mins. it was still pretty warm.
After researching some things I’m wondering that I’m pushing the pedal down too much to go faster and causing motor burnout.
How do I turn up the govern for it to go faster? Does it sound like it’s motor burnout?
Thank you all for any help you an give me.
LisaKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2021, 10:52 AM   #2
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Gas Club Car Gets Hot Under Seat

You probably want to post this in the Club Car gas cart section; welcome to the page!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:18 AM   #3
LisaKick
Not Yet Wild

I saw I posted in the electric golf carts and went back to try and put it in the correct one but I didn’t have any luck. I’m new on this site. I’ll go back and try to change it.
Thanks
LisaKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 04:25 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

There’s a few things that come to mind, but the biggest thing is either the carb is dirty and needs to be cleaned, or the fuel filters are clogged and not allowing enough fuel to get into the carb so it’s running lean. New fuel filters would be on my list, and a thorough tear down and cleaning of the carb.

Running lean will make an engine run hot, and these being air cooled they sometimes need all the help they can get to stay cool.
A blocked or partially blocked fan inlet, or grass/dirt buildup in the fan or in the cooling fins of the motor will also cause overheating problems.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 04:30 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

What he said.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car