lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2021, 10:53 AM   #1
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default 2008 Club Car Doubletake Phoenix kit HELP!!!!

troubleshooting a 2008 Club Car with a Double take phoenix light and body kit installed. After figuring out the front signal light problem I have one left. The brake lights dont come on with the pedal. The switch is working and its wired correctly. The power relay is missing. According to the instructions the two small spade connectors go on the relay as well as two wide spade connectors on the appropriate studs. The colors dont match the instructions. The wide spades are blue ( 12 volts always) and brown/yellow. The small spades are green and gray and yellow and gray. They are the only wires with small spades even though the colors dont match.
I know how a relay works so my assumption is when the pedal is depressed it provides a ground path for the blue ( hot) wire to ground via the brown/yellow wire. thus energizing the relay and connecting the green/gray wire to the yellow/gray wire. Brake lights still dont come on.
The rear lights work on headlights and the turn signals work. I dont know why the relay is gone but shouldnt the brake lights have lit up? ANY AND ALL HELP MUCH APPRECIATED!!!
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car