lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2021, 12:14 PM   #1
bcrowdis
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car Onward Navitas AC Conversion

I am getting ready to convert my 2019 Onward to the Navitas AC 5KW 600A kit. I also plan to upgrade to 2ga cables and a MZJ-400 solenoid.

Are there any instructions, videos or tips that walk through this modification? I have the manual from Navitas but it is not extremely detailed and want to make sure I get everything connected properly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
bcrowdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2021, 01:05 PM   #2
Ryokuro
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Club Car Onward Navitas AC Conversion

Onwards are pretty similar to Precedents and Tempos. Navitas has this video of an install into a Precedent on their Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izwe...VehicleSystems
Ryokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 01:34 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’m not positive, I’ve only done some accessory stuff on an onward, but if you have the lithium cart you may run into trouble if the lithium module system communicates with the factory controller. You may run into issues with the battery pack if it needs to see the stock controller.

I may be completely wrong here but it’s worth making sure you won’t run into issues.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:24 PM   #4
bcrowdis
Not Yet Wild

I just went for it and everything appears to be working well! Thanks to YouTube.

Only issue I ran into was one of the bolts broke in the motor when I was tightening them up.

Feels snug at the moment, is this something I should be concerned with?
bcrowdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:20 AM   #5
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrowdis View Post
I just went for it and everything appears to be working well! Thanks to YouTube.

Only issue I ran into was one of the bolts broke in the motor when I was tightening them up.

Feels snug at the moment, is this something I should be concerned with?
Well it isn't good - that's for sure, esp. if it is the 5KW motor you have. It is around 70lbs.

When I installed this system into my Onward, there was an unused (in the stock configuration) bolt position on the gearcase with corresponding hole in the Navitas motor. For good measure I found a stainless steel screw in my hardware collection - philips head (pan head, and that's a pretty beefy screw) that fit correctly. It was different than the other bolts in that I don't think there was room to get a socket around a bolt like the other positions - hence the screw. It probably is completely unnecessary in my case, but if you broke one off I'd try to put one in this location. IIRC, it is at the most forward position (nearest the front of the cart).

Good luck.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 07:10 PM   #6
RJM
Getting Wild
Club Car

For the record, this is the second Onward with almost new (but broken in) batteries in a row I’ve had this problem with. On the previous build, they told me the Trojans were shot after sending the data file. This was a new CC with approximately 15 hours on it that i personally broke the batteries in on. Same deal as the one I have now.
RJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car