lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2021, 05:36 PM   #1
unhitched
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Better off road ride

I have a 2008 Ezgo electric RXV that I am pretty happy with except the ride is terrible running around my ranch, I am thinking of putting a long arm lift on it, although I dont think I need more lift, I just need more suspension travel. I am probably going to a bit bigger tire but I want to keep it as small as possible to maintain as much torque as I can. Any specific brand or model of kit to look for? sort of looking at a jakes 4-8 inch long travel kit. Also I am going to add front brakes to my cart just to improve down hill braking.
unhitched is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2021, 11:27 PM   #2
mccainc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Better off road ride

Same problem, and exaggerated with lithium battery upgrade. Airing the tires way down helps, but is more of a band-aide. I’ll be following to see what you come up with. Consensus seems to be that a long travel front really is night and day, but that doesn’t help the rear. I believe Jake’s has an ungodly wait for anything right now. All Sports is advertising 6-8 weeks, I just received some cosmetic items from them and it was exactly 8 weeks. I was pretty impressed with their customer service and build quality of the items I received. I think in the future I’ll be going with their long travel plus fabricating a 4-link rear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mccainc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:41 PM   #3
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Better off road ride

softer springs, I put new leaf springs on a lifted d/s and the front spring was also multi leaf, it rides like a truck.....a garbage truck
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:40 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Better off road ride

Yeah, softer springs, but if you already have the stock springs that's the best you can do. If you have HD springs, switching back to stock will be softer.

Tire sidewall and plies makes a difference. If you use a larger tire on the same rim, and keep the # of plies the same, you can air down to like 10 psi and it will improve the ride.

The biggest problem is that these electric golf carts were never meant to be off road machines. Their suspensions are just not designed for it. Almost no travel. If you increase the travel and don't upgrade the design you'll end up with very poor handling and steering feel.

My vote is for the Jakes LT kit. They handle like butter. I've used a few and was very pleased with them. The shocks on the Jakes are not going to last long if you off road a lot. Atv shocks are a good replacement.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO