lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2021, 02:09 PM   #1
Seawolf71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default new club car precedent owner with charging question

Hello:

Just purchased a 2009 precedent with 4 12 v batteries and having longevity issue I think?

It came with a stock club car charger. charger seems to be working correctly..starts at 15a..goes to 10 then trickle.gauge on dash shows 50 + volts when fully charged and with use drops to 46 then 42 etc.
I didnt charge it for 3 days and wife was using it in the yard.it got very slow at 37v and would barely move at 33.battery gauge stays ay 100% all the time and low battery light flashes intermittently even when fully charged.The cart maybe had a mile on it total when this occurred.
battery cells are all full and terminals are corrosion free.cart works fine in forward and reverse.owber said batteries are approx 18 mos old and he didnt really have a reason to lie.
My thanks to this forum already. any advice greatly appreciated
Seawolf71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2021, 02:21 PM   #2
Seawolf71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: new club car precedent owner with charging question

After reading the battery faq,I will charge toe cart religiously between uses.I hope that I caused no damage since we hooked it up right away.My questions about the voltage and distance driven still apply

thanks
Old 03-21-2021, 05:07 PM   #3
Seawolf71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have been told that I should load test the batteries.In order to do this I need to disconnect the batteries.

Do I need to move the toggle from run to "tow" before I disconnect the batteries? anything else I should(or shouldn't) do?

again..any ideas appreciated.
Old 03-21-2021, 05:54 PM   #4
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

You don't have to disconnect the batteries...The best way to load test them is to put your meter on one battery at a time and drive the cart a bit and have someone watch the meter or use the min/max feature on the meter if you have it.. A 12v battery shouldn't drop below 11v under load...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 07:40 PM   #5
Seawolf71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thank you for your help.I will purchase a load tester tomorrow and test them..I guess I go from there to provide more info to assist with identifying any problem
Old 03-22-2021, 04:43 AM   #6
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

You don't need to purchase a load tester...Just use your multimeter....Your cart is the load tester as I stated above..
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car