lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2021, 01:05 PM   #1
afdude08
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO TXT Slows when accelerating

Newbie here. I have a Model E299, 40 volt (2-8volt, 4-6volt) EZGO Txt golf cart with brand new batteries (US Battery) that I got from a guy that sells golf carts for a living. This golf cart has a lift kit with 18" tires. When I press the gas to the floor on the highway, it will fly for about 2 minutes. Then it will slowly start slowing down until it creeps. I replaced my old set of 36 volt batteries because I thought that the batteries were causing this issue. Now I know that was not the case because I am still having this exact problem. I have no idea where to begin testing this golf cart to fix this speed error. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
afdude08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2021, 01:13 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZGO TXT Slows when accelerating

Depends on the controller but it is probably overheating at 40 volts if it was made for 36. This a series or does it have a run/tow switch?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 01:15 PM   #3
afdude08
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

it has a run-tow switch. I forgot to add that once the golf cart finally stops, I can turn off the key on the golf cart, wait a little while and turn it back on and it will run fine for a little while and do the same thing again. It was doing this exact same thing when i had 36 volt batteries installed.
Old 04-04-2021, 01:42 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Still sounds like thermal shutdown. Check and see if the motor or controller is getting hot.
Old 04-04-2021, 09:46 PM   #5
afdude08
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay I will try that. To check the temperature of the controller how should I go about doing that with it being covered with the Run/tow switch? Also what is a normal temperature range for the motor and the controller with it running for a few minutes?
Old 04-05-2021, 07:30 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Flip it to tow and remove the pack mains. Mark them first. Pull the cover but leave it plugged in. Hook the mains back up and flip it to run. When it dies put your hand near the controller and motor. You should be able to put your hand on it and leave it there for a few seconds.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:39 PM   #7
afdude08
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just did this test and both the controller and the motor stayed cold. There was no overheating in them that I could feel with my hand.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:06 AM   #8
afdude08
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Do you think the ITS and microswitch under the floor mat would have anything to do with this issue?
Old 04-07-2021, 08:11 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

ITS maybe but switch either works or it doesn’t. Try putting it in diagnostic mode and see what beeps you get. Key on, neutral to reverse 5 times stopping at neutral. It should beep 1-4 times telling you what chip is in it then may give some more. Drive it and listen for more.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:08 AM   #10
afdude08
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay, I'll test that out today and give an update tonight. Thanks for your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO