lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2021, 08:47 PM   #1
sporty2k
Not Yet Wild

Default Pre-charge error on Alltrax XCT 500 upgrade

Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to upgrade my cart with an Alltrax XCT 500 Controller. I'm running into the dreaded pre-charge error when I turn the cart on. One green light flash followed by 6 red flashes. The sequence just repeats as long as cart is on and in Run mode.

I upgraded the solenoid and confirmed through bench testing that the solenoid is operating properly.

I believe all of the connections are correct (2nd pic) although I do have this one blue wire (1st pic) that my "before the job" pics didn't capture so I'm not sure where it goes. It connects to the fuse holder beneath the ring terminal shown.

The systems are currently connected to a Leaf pack currently at 55 volts.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg controllerpic2.jpg (178.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg controllerpic1.jpg (262.1 KB, 0 views)
sporty2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2021, 09:12 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Pre-charge error on Alltrax XCT 500 upgrade

Assuming you put the nuts on the solenoid posts and tightened those down?

The XCT doesn't need a pre-charge resistor as far as I know, but I'm pretty sure you DO need the regen diode across the large posts of the solenoid. Is that installed correctly? Stripe end of the diode towards the Battery+ cable?

What year and what cart are you working on?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:38 PM   #3
sporty2k
Not Yet Wild

they are not tightened down in the picture but they are now and the result is the same.

The diode is on the smaller posts (shown in picture) and the strips is towards the positive side of the solenoid

Its a clubcar 06 Champions edition Serial is CE0631-656290
sporty2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:30 PM   #4
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporty2k View Post
.... The diode is on the smaller posts (shown in picture) and the strips is towards the positive side of the solenoid ....
Do you have the large diode for the large solenoid posts?
The Alltrax XCT wring diagram shows 2 diodes, a 6A6 diode across the large posts and a smaller diode for the small posts.
I put the 6A6 on the small posts and used a 10A10 on the large.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Solenoid installed.jpg (132.5 KB, 0 views)
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:34 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You still need the regen diode on the large posts. Totally Separate purposes for the two diodes. They BOTH Need to be installed.

Not sure of the blue wire you're asking about? Is it the one that goes to the black plastic fuse holder? That one is likely the input power to the voltage reducer, for 12v supply for lights, etc. Would not be related to the issue you're having.

What probably is related is the double stacked adapters for the main wire harness. Who sold you the Alltrax and did they say you needed those adapters?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 05:08 PM   #6
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

The plug on the controller is for a Yamaha G19/22. The adapter cable(s) are letting the club car plug into it. I agree with Fairfax, that could be the problem area. I would call Alltrax and talk to Will on tech support, maybe send that second picture to him. You should have a chat with whoever sold it to you as to why.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car