lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2021, 01:29 PM   #21
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2002 DS IQ with upgraded motor/pack won't move

Just checking..You stated that you spliced the blue and white wires on the obc side of the connector...Since you removed the obc I'm assuming that you left the 6 pin connector in place and spliced it on that side...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2021, 11:31 PM   #22
Badger77vette
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
Just checking..You stated that you spliced the blue and white wires on the obc side of the connector...Since you removed the obc I'm assuming that you left the 6 pin connector in place and spliced it on that side...

Yes that is correct. That was the easiest way to do it IMO.
Badger77vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 05:44 PM   #23
Badger77vette
Not Yet Wild

So just an update on what I have found so far.
I have all of required inputs into the controller except for Pin 6 ( green wire) from the MCOR. I jumpered that connector to get 50vdc at pin 6 at the controller. With this input there the solenoid still does not engage nor do the wheels turn.

The solenoid does engage if I short the small post to B-.

Any thoughts on what I should replace??

Do I need a new MCOR because I am not getting 50vdc out with the pedal depressed? I do have 50vdc going in on the blue wire.

I was thinking of getting an Alltrax 400xct controller with a 200A solenoid package from Scottyb. If I get this would you suggest the fan as well? Or just go with the Alltrax 500xct that comes with the fan and a 400A solenoid?

Thanks for all of your input thus far!
Old 05-07-2021, 06:42 PM   #24
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger77vette View Post
.... I have all of required inputs into the controller except for Pin 6 ( green wire) from the MCOR. I jumpered that connector to get 50vdc at pin 6 at the controller. With this input there the solenoid still does not engage nor do the wheels turn.

The solenoid does engage if I short the small post to B-.

Any thoughts on what I should replace??

Do I need a new MCOR because I am not getting 50vdc out with the pedal depressed? I do have 50vdc going in on the blue wire.

I was thinking of getting an Alltrax 400xct controller with a 200A solenoid package from Scottyb. If I get this would you suggest the fan as well? Or just go with the Alltrax 500xct that comes with the fan and a 400A solenoid? ....
It does sound like the MCOR Foot Pedal switch is bad.
Just to double check you could run a continuity test across the Blue and Green wires with the pedal down.
It's just an ON-OFF switch, but because of the casing it might not be easily accessible.
If it was me, I would cut the casing open just to see how hard it would be.
If you get a new MCOR be sure to get the one made in Mexico by ITW Switches, not the one made in China.

Another test would be to check controller pin #12 to see if has continuity to GND when all the signals are input.
The chip in the controller for grounding that line may be bad.

The 200A solenoid with the 400A Alltrax controller is OK according to the wiring diagram, but I would get the 400A version, it's probably not that much more.

The Alltrax 400A controller does not come with the fan, but I found one for $35 so I added it to ours.
(Update: Alltrax sells it for $35, I found one for $25)

With it jacked up, will the wheels turn when the solenoid is jumpered to close and the Foot Pedal is depressed?
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:31 PM   #25
Badger77vette
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&TBabich View Post
Just to double check you could run a continuity test across the Blue and Green wires with the pedal down.
It's just an ON-OFF switch, but because of the casing it might not be easily accessible.
If you get a new MCOR be sure to get the one made in Mexico by ITW Switches, not the one made in China.

Another test would be to check controller pin #12 to see if has continuity to GND when all the signals are input.

The 200A solenoid with the 400A Alltrax controller is OK according to the wiring diagram, but I would get the 400A version, it's probably not that much more.

The Alltrax 400A controller does not come with the fan, but I found one for $35 so I added it to ours.

With it jacked up, will the wheels turn when the solenoid is jumpered to close and the Foot Pedal is depressed?
That is the one thing I forgot to do today. I will try that tomorrow morning and let you know. Thank you for your advice. It is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:47 AM   #26
Badger77vette
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&TBabich View Post

(Update: Alltrax sells it for $35, I found one for $25)

I put B- on the negative small post on the solenoid and the wheels did not turn. The solenoid engages, but nothing from the motor. The motor is brand new from PQ and never been used so I assuming it is good.
Old 05-08-2021, 02:10 PM   #27
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger77vette View Post
I put B- on the negative small post on the solenoid and the wheels did not turn. The solenoid engages, but nothing from the motor. The motor is brand new from PQ and never been used so I assuming it is good.
After engaging the solenoid did you push the Foot Pedal to get the motor to turn the wheels?
If the controller doesn't see the MCOR input for speed the motor probably won't turn.
Also, is power getting thru the solenoid contacts to the controller/motor?
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bandit, roypow, won't move
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car