lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
yelilly
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Question 96 yamaha

At my camp, I know it seems like I always start my posts like that. I am from WV. I have a cc that was giving me trouble, I got on the forums and started reading, and thanks to some posts from Was67 and many others, I figured out what was wrong with it (coil) and fixed it. Now everyone is bringing me their carts, asking me what is wrong. Most of the people are older, and the internet is more foreign to them than a golf cart. I am trying to help because it is a 2hr.
drive to a cart repair shop. This one couple took theirs in 3 times last yr. ended up being a coil. I know I have been posting a lot lately, I apologize for that, just trying to help. At least I am learning a lot from you guys. So for my next ? On a 96 yam. down by the solenoid is a little black box, when you press the pedal it clicks but nothing else happens, they thought it was the black box and replaced it didn't help. If you cross the solenoid it will turn over but it still won't start. Is the solenoid bad or something else? Thanks again Earl
yelilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: 96 yamaha

Sounds like a bad solenoid. If it will not turn over when you press the pedal but will turn over when you jump across the solenoid, then.........

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
yelilly
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Right that's it exactly, that's what I thought. Just wanted to check with the experts.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:53 PM   #4
yelilly
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Put the solenoid on and it will crank like crazy, but will not even try to start, checked the fire it doesn't fire till you let off the throttle as it is coming to a stop. Anyone have any ideas what would cause this?
Old 08-25-2009, 06:30 AM   #5
lobo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like to me the kill switch is wired backwards,good luck
lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #6
yelilly
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

We have not touched the kill switch. The thing just started not doing anything when you pressed the pedal. A friend of theirs told them it was the black box beside the solenoid,but it wasn't the solenoid was bad. Replaced it and it turns over but no fire.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha