lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #1
ajfritz868
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Canopy frame for Yamaha G9

Hey, I'm fixing up my '91 or '92 G9 and I the front frame in the front that is holding up the canopy was broke at the bolts on the dash. It's made of 1" aluminum square tubing and it has the decorative grooves in it. I would like to get something similar because then it would match the rest of the back frame that is still in good shape. If anybody has a front that they would be willing to part that matches what I need or a full set that would fit what I need, I would be interested in seeing some pictures. I thought about just getting someone to weld it but that would mess up those grooves so I'm not for sure what I should do. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks for the help in advance!
AF
ajfritz868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
iowamike
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Canopy frame for Yamaha G9

Good luck and I hope you find what you need. Does anyone know if G2 and G9 canopy supports are the same? They look similar, but I'd like to know for sure. Also, does anyone know if anyone has them aftermarket? Mine are broken on both front and back, so I'd like to replace them.
iowamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i have seen a few different type for G2/G9 for the rear. but i think the front is the same. and yes you can buy aftermarket
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
ajfritz868
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I think they are very similar in shape. But my dad has a G2 and his frame is made of steel and it was painted black whereas mine was made of the grooved aluminum. Yes the backs are different. Some of them the back frame goes down into the sides by the back mounts and some of them go back into the bag area. My dad's G2 goes into the frame, and my back frame goes back under the crate/bucket for the headcovers and such. Groundpounder, my dad was the guy that ran into the tree and you helped him with his front bent frame. You wouldn't happen to have some G9 parts sitting around all of your G2 parts would you? And where can you get them aftermarket? I have looked around some and I can't find them but I think that's because I'm not for sure what to call them. Any chance I could get a little of your expert Yamaha knowledge?
AF
ajfritz868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

hey glad to see you here welcome to BGW i would be glad to help you out in any way i can. send me a pm any time. and i do have some used G2/G9 parts left but i don't have any supports for the tops.
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha