lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G9, 23hp Vanguard charging system help!!

What clutch is on it? That wheelie drug the trailer hitch on the pavement
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #12
CULO
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Hey thanks for all the help, found the problem with the cart not shutting off with the key (no shock when running), black engine stop wire came off!! The diagrams helped a ton thanks! Hooked up the meter and went for a ride, at 3500 rpm's it read around 13.5v's. Turned all the lights on and it dropped to about 12.4v's. I'm running 4 fog's + running lights + neon (only 2 small ones) + tail lights + radio. Not sure what happened last night.....to many around the firepit.......:)

Got a bunch done today, fall clean up around the yard, boat winterized, old G9 came in handy............

As for the wheely, just old fasion torque, its stock I swear...not sure on the clutches...good question for BGW member yamahaG9er...bought the cart from him...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BOAT & CART.jpg (116.6 KB, 13 views)
CULO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:02 PM   #13
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

The drive clutch is a Comet/Salisbury 1190 from Frank at Alpha Carts a.k.a. Walkntall. The driven clutch is a mixture of stock Yamaha clutch parts and torque kit clutch parts. The only thing that I did to the motor was remove the governor and add the billet intake and filter. Also from Frank.
yamahag9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #14
CULO
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahag9er View Post
The drive clutch is a Comet/Salisbury 1190 from Frank at Alpha Carts a.k.a. Walkntall. The driven clutch is a mixture of stock Yamaha clutch parts and torque kit clutch parts. The only thing that I did to the motor was remove the governor and add the billet intake and filter. Also from Frank.
Thanks for the input Spencer. Thats it, I havn't done anything other than remove the duel exhaust and fab in a stock muffler from a Suzuki LTZ400 I had layin around. The difference in back pressure may have gain a bit more torque at the expense of top end. 35 MPH is plenty on a cart with a 12" lift and 28" swampers!!!
CULO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:47 PM   #15
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULO View Post
Thanks for the input Spencer. Thats it, I havn't done anything other than remove the duel exhaust and fab in a stock muffler from a Suzuki LTZ400 I had layin around. The difference in back pressure may have gain a bit more torque at the expense of top end. 35 MPH is plenty on a cart with a 12" lift and 28" swampers!!!
Heard That! It can get scary fast....
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging problem
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha