lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #11
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 1993 G9 Low Torque and Smoke

You should visit your parents more often!!!!!
They might have shown you this. Do you Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/YAMAHA-GOLF-CAR-...item27ac6983c8
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

an airfilter will make a large difference! if you put an aftermarket filter on it that allows for more air flow then you will need to re-jet the carb. that is probably why you have no acceleration or power.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:21 PM   #13
ckraker
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Attachment 23471

Attachment 23472

Attachment 23473

Attachment 23474

Okay I checked the compression and I am just under 150. Is that decent? Or does that mean new rings? Also the belt was at 1 1/8" which sound like it is still within specs, right?
Another think that I noticed was that the exhaust (see pic) dosen't look stock at all. So here are my questions...
Assuming that 150 PSI is good for compression. Should I consider buying a stock airbox (i checked out the one on ebay), or should I buy an an aftermarket filter and re-jet the carb? How much do I actually gain by re-jetting? Also is the odd exhaust a big HP killer too?

I noticed that the tube that comes from the valve cover has a pcv valve in it. Is that standard, or did the previous owner get creative? I assume that the tube is supposed to go into the air box.(see Pic)

Thanks for all the help... so far I'm glad I got the cart, but I'm starting to think I paid too much for it.
ckraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #14
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

i can't veiw your pic.s
150 psi is ok compression.
if you rejet the carb and get an aftermarket filter and the muffler on it is a higher flowing one then stock, you could gain 1-2 hp aprox.

i could tell you if the muffler is stock if i could see the pics.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #15
ckraker
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I'm pretty sure it isn't stock-- If you look closely you can see welds where the pipe is mounted to the engine. Not sure what I did wrong with the pics. Hopefully this works.

Thanks again for helping me fix this mess.

I cannot find an aftermarket jet for my carb, any tips? Also do I need to re-mount my carb so it is level? The Carts lift seems to have tilted it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back.jpg (102.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg front.jpg (114.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg muff.jpg (81.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg engine.jpg (122.5 KB, 28 views)
Old 10-24-2009, 07:18 PM   #16
ckraker
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Okay I just looked at some stock exhaust pipes--- mine is far far far from being stock. I hate to sound so cheap, but I'm going to have a hard time dropping 230 bucks on a muffler. There has to be a decent affordable substitute. Any input
Old 10-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #17
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckraker View Post
Okay I just looked at some stock exhaust pipes--- mine is far far far from being stock. I hate to sound so cheap, but I'm going to have a hard time dropping 230 bucks on a muffler. There has to be a decent affordable substitute. Any input
You may need to use the flange that you have and have the rest fabbed. Mosyly these are 1" tubing welded to the flange and then to the muffler. You could cut the peices and take it to a welding shop to have assembled or if you are capable weld them yourself. Good Luck with that. That has a lot of custom parts
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #18
ckraker
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I can do the welding myself-- I'm just worried that the exhaust may not give me the correct backpressure. Are the G9's picky about the exhaust?
Old 10-25-2009, 09:49 AM   #19
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

wow that is far from stock for sure! thats why your cart is not running well its it's running super lean. you could leave the muffler if it works for you , but you need an aftermarket airfilter and some richer jets. once you get the mixture right it sure run great as long as there isn't segnificant engine damage from you running it so lean.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #20
ckraker
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

where can I buy new jets from?

Tags
smoke, torgue, white, yamaha g9
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha