lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
tinker
Not Yet Wild

Default G14 just quit

I have a 95 G14 that was running great and then just died. The only thing that will work is the buzzer when you put it in reverse, like I really need that. I have checked the battery, the stop switch and the key switch and all is good. I can jump the solenoid and it will turn over but will not run. What would keep it from doing anything? You press the pedal and nothing, no clicking, just dead.
tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #2
cart de golf
Gone Wild

Default Re: G14 just quit

check the fuse beside the selenoid or you have a loose battery conection
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #3
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

try and turn the primary cluch over by hand, the engine could be seized, from lack of oil. check the main fuze it should be a 10 amp, also take the battery connections off and clean them and reconnect, that might do it.

also, no offence but is it out of gas by chance?
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
g9 driver
Getting Wild
Yamaha

i second sabercat on the gas thing! I can replace a water pump on a dodge 1500 but cant think to check the gas in my golf cart .... dont trust your gauge I had checked mine and trusted so it took a week to figure out that it was wrong and I was only out of gas, check!
g9 driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

If the fuse is blown, it might mean you grounded something to the frame? Either run the ground back to the neg battery post or change the fuse from 10amp to 25 amp.

Good luck
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:30 PM   #6
tinker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker View Post
I have a 95 G14 that was running great and then just died. The only thing that will work is the buzzer when you put it in reverse, like I really need that. I have checked the battery, the stop switch and the key switch and all is good. I can jump the solenoid and it will turn over but will not run. What would keep it from doing anything? You press the pedal and nothing, no clicking, just dead.
Thanks for the replies but from my orig post the battery, fuse, stop switch, and key switch are good. Fuse not blown, battery fully charged and good connection. I ohm'ed the key switch and stop switch and they are good. I can jump the solenoid and it will turn over so the motor is not locked up. Gas is not the problem, there is something electrical that is keeping power turning the motor with the starter when you depress the throttle pedal. Firing is not an issue if the motor will not spin. Thanks
Old 10-25-2009, 08:25 PM   #7
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

'' I can jump the solenoid and it will turn ''

This sounds like the problem to me, If every thing else to there is good.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:41 PM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Are you jumping the large posts to get it to turn over?
Disconnect both small wires from the solenoid and run two jumpers from the pos and neg of battery to the small posts(doesn't matter which one goes where) to the solenoid, if it spins over, you have a broken ground wire leading from the solenoid small post or the power feed is not getting to the solenoid by way of micro switch, pedal switch.
If it doesn't spin over with the jumper, you have a bad solenoid.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

All good suggestions. Tinker, take alook at the "sticky", "so your Yami won't turn over". With a volt meter, it will give you a step by step testing procedure. I truley beleive you should follow the "flow" of the starting circuit. I have found myself bypassing the tests and spent wasted time fixing a cart. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #10
tinker
Not Yet Wild

thanks crash, that gives me a starting point. I was first thinking the igniter may have went bad but I hope this isn't the case, I don't know exactly it operates, I wasn't sure if it would keep it from letting the engine spin. I don't want to just start swapping parts, I would like to test what I can to try and find the problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha