lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
DVF557
Not Yet Wild

Default cc slow to rev since upgrade

I posted this yesterday but I can not find it? so I will do it again.

I have a 04 club car that I put the ccp exhaust on (love the tone) I also rejetted and kn filter I also put the timing key on. Now it revs up slow, if I hit the throttle hard, if you tip into it the engine will rev great and run fine. I cleaned the air jet no help. I also have messed with the mixture screw no help.

This has all been done in the maint mode cause I have the body off still. (gettin painted) Does this have anything to do with it?

anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks Dan
DVF557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: cc slow to rev since upgrade

sound like a carb issue. not saying the jet teh issue, but just a adjustment of the mixture screw on it . and im assuming were getting a good supply of fuel? meaning the pulse line is good and has a new fuel filter in it. but if it ran good nd this is all you messed with thats my assumtion.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
DVF557
Not Yet Wild

It has to be getting good fuel supply because at higher rpm's it runs fine. So that would tell me I have good fuel. I talked to ccp today and they gave me a few things to check tonight. Will keep posted on outcome.
DVF557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
jonesw3
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Im having the same issue. Did you get it figured out?
jonesw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Jones, that thread is 9 months old and
the op last post was 8 months ago

I have a hunch you may need to clean the carb
((( a full knock down and clean all the bleed ports
and passages))) these carbs don't have acceleration
pumps and they need fuel to carry through the sudden
opening of the throttle.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
jonesw3
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I cleaned the carb good today and still not any better. My buddy has a stock g9 and he blew right by me today. The motor is running good, the cart just doesnt want to get up and go. Any other suggestions?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

jones lets look again and make sure the filter is good, your fuel is good, and the pump is clean, not full of some of that alabama crap that may be sitting in the diaghram. if the pump is gok and the supply is good, it still sounds like a carb issue.
it might be the air box leaking. meaning its not installed correctly, and its not being fully sealed. it will give you some hell! i twill take a few minutes to pop the top and check your filter and reinstall it to make sure it is installed correctly. also at the same time you could check you air tube form the filter box to the carb, to make sure its ok, not kinked or ripped allowing air to by pass the air box. give your spark plug a check to. see what the color of the tip looks like. is it the coorrect plug? gap ok? i know they sound stupid to check, but its usaully the simple thing that get you!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #8
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

well i will throw one out. is it possible the timing key was put in backward? i know silly but just a thought.

About how much louder do you think that exhaust is over stock? I have been wanting to do that swap to my campground cruiser when i swap in the 350.
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vertical View Post
well i will throw one out. is it possible the timing key was put in backward? i know silly but just a thought.

About how much louder do you think that exhaust is over stock? I have been wanting to do that swap to my campground cruiser when i swap in the 350.
That would actually make sense Aaron!

In Maintenance mode with a timing key, my cart jumps to full RPM's VERY fast!
When driving (under load), it's not as quick, but it's still a big difference from stock!

As for the CCP exhaust, I did a thread on it a few years back, and I don't know if Tom changed anything since then,
but, here it is:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/video...e-exhaust.html

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #10
jonesw3
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Guys, thanks for yhe help! I havent messed with the timing key. I am goiing to run through everything good this afternoon and hopefully figure it out. Vert, the exhuast is louder than I expected but once I got used to it I love it. Also let me know if you dont get your package in the next few days? If you want, Ill give you the tracking number.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car