lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #11
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 gas club car

Also check the retaining bolt and key way on the driven clutch. One of the members here had one that came off (the bolt) and lost the woodruffe key from the shaft.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #12
wooly15
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
Also check the retaining bolt and key way on the driven clutch. One of the members here had one that came off (the bolt) and lost the woodruffe key from the shaft.

Chris.
Good call! Never would have thought of that. Everything would seem like it's working properly but just spinning on the hub.
wooly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:

Chris.

this dosn,t happen a lot but in fact it does happen......i worked on one with this issue as chris said make sure the center bolt is theere and if its not than theres a real good chance the woodruff key worked out..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:03 AM   #14
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
this dosn,t happen a lot but in fact it does happen......i worked on one with this issue as chris said make sure the center bolt is theere and if its not than theres a real good chance the woodruff key worked out..................

YOU are the member I was referring to Tom

Chris.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #15
omarswelding
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace1975 View Post
Make sure the shift lever on the trans isn't spinning on the shaft that enters the transmission. Not 100% sure what a 94 looks like, but on the older ones there appears to be a key and bolt/screw holding the 2 together.

Jason
jason right on the nose the bolt fell out of the rear pulley and threw out the key i was getting ready to start tearing it down and seen it thank you
omarswelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #16
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Woo this type of stuff doesnt happen! Ask the genis at cc the will tell you that too! But my suggestion since it did is to put a dab of loctite on your bolt to prevent it form happening it agian! The blue goo will be fine! No need for the high temp red stuff! Youll have to destroy the cluch to get it off next time!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #17
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarswelding View Post
jason right on the nose the bolt fell out of the rear pulley and threw out the key i was getting ready to start tearing it down and seen it thank you
I'm confused, Jason mentioned the rear axle connection between the F/R shifter and I referenced the driven clutch woodruffe key. Which was it ?
All good information for future users of the forum.

Chris.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:06 AM   #18
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

Man I'm good! Chris is right, he gets the credit on this one from the sound of it.

Jason
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #19
omarswelding
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I'm confused, Jason mentioned the rear axle connection between the F/R shifter and I referenced the driven clutch woodruffe key. Which was it ?
All good information for future users of the forum.

Chris.

it was the rear woodruffe key on the rear pulley the bolt came out clutch worked its way off just enough to throw out the key got the parts today hope thats all it was
omarswelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car