lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
roc1128
Not Yet Wild

Default runs then quits then runs again

Its me again. Still dont have my cart running. Okay. Cart runs find for boit 5 to 10 minites then jumps like there is a bad connection then quits. If i let it sit for a while it does it will run but the does it again. I got new batteries new heavy duty solenoid and new torque motor. Ive checked all of my micro switches they are good. My cart is the early94 model txt with i beleive its the curtis 1207 controller. Its the one with the extra terminal. (A2). It has four terminals on top of the controller. Any suggestions?
roc1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: runs then quits then runs again

Sounds like thermal overload. Check all your connections and make sure they are clean and tight.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
roc1128
Not Yet Wild

Explain thermal overload please. All connections are tight already checked that.
roc1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If something gets to hot a internal breaker trips, and when things cool down it resets. It is not good if it continues to happen it means something is causing a resistance and causing heat.

In simple terms there are 2 metal strips and when cool up to a designed temp they maintain contact. When it gets to a designed temp it changes shape breaking the connection.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO