lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
Hooka
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default New clutch dramas

Hi All

Found this site 2 weeks ago, gotta say it’s been very helpful
Thanks all that post
So I hope my experience can help others

The old clutch wore out the one side of the clutch where the belt runs
It had a hole and a few cracks when I notice it first, made a temporary cone and popped it onto the face until the new clutch arrives

New one arrives and straight on it goes

First thing I noticed was I couldn’t push the cart along
The belt was either to short or to wide as it was touching both sides of the clutch faces

Next was when you start off, it would jump when the starter turned, figured this was gunna happen cause the belt wasn’t running on the roller

Next was when your underway, the governor was working overtime
Motor was revving up and down but still remaining close to the same speed on flat ground

On the net I get, looking at belts, clutches and general searching forum for any signs of what I’m going through, found and read a lot of info which was close or related in some way, got even side tracked on many occasions after finding something of interest, but still I couldn’t work it out

Today I bit the bullet with it all, grabbed the old clutch and pulled it apart,
I thought if I can get the old one apart, then the new one would be a piece of cake
Plan was then to remove the face off the new clutch and put it on the old one
Popped the new one apart to find the thrust washer with 2 marks on it, confused I am,
Apparently it wasn’t on the shaft right when put together and sitting on the lip its meant to fit over on the shaft, a light file to get rid of the burr, with the thrust washer now sitting in its correct position, it has opened up the gap for the belt to run on the roller

Whacked the new one back together and on the cart

All problems solved
All caused in the manufacture assembly, being brand new you wouldn’t expect it to be faulty

Cheers... Hooka
Hooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car