lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #21
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Just a little more speed

I'll try the belt and zip ties 1st, I don't need alot, I should never see 3700 rpm. Right now this thing is backed way down, my cub cadet wouldn't have any trouble passing it.
VHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #22
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHT View Post
I'll try the belt and zip ties 1st, I don't need alot, I should never see 3700 rpm. Right now this thing is backed way down, my cub cadet wouldn't have any trouble passing it.
Man something's not right if thats all the speed your getting even with the old belt and stuff.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #23
michael miller
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I did the zip tie and mine cuts out at 4000 rpm.. had it to 4300 couple of times ..
michael miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #24
Carp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So the message I am taking away is this:

If I want a faster cart in which I can still carry on a conversation, it is probably best to go with a shorter drive belt and speed gears while leaving the engine the way CC designed it.

Any votes for this?
Carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #25
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carp View Post

If I want a faster cart in which I can still carry on a conversation, it is probably best to go with a shorter drive belt and speed gears while leaving the engine the way CC designed it.

Any votes for this?
The shorter belt wont give you anymore speed if the original is getting to the top of the drive clutch at WOT. The shorter belt engages more quickly and helps get the cart off the line faster. If the shorter belt can't get to the top of the drive (or bottom of the driven) you will lose top end speed.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #26
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I loosened the gov. nut and sprayed WD-40 on mine and that was it. No zip ties left the rev limiter and everything else. GPS puts it at 21mph on stock tires. Not bad for a stretched limo cart. When I lift it and add tires I'll be doing the performance kit from CCP and clutch springs front and rear. That's all. As it is now when I hit the rev limiter I just back the throttle off to about 3/4 and when the engine kicks back in it holds the 21mph and I don't keep bouncing off the limiter. I think it was well worth it I have that extra speed I wanted for now and all I needed was a 10mm wrench and some WD-40 and I'm not worried about my engine. I let not only my kids but the next door neighbor kids drive it up and down the street. All it took was telling them once not to floor it at all and that was it. They've followed the rule to a T. And I have the reassurance that if they do the rev limiter will save me from blowing and perfectly good low hour FE350.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #27
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

^^^

I'm leaning towards doing the same, leave the rev limiter hooked up but undo the govenor. I will be the main driver of the cart so I'm not worried about it being bounced off the limiter all day long by someone who doesn't know better or care. It sounds like in normal cruising it won't hit the limiter much anyways. If I find it does than a mini-tach and zip ties will go into play to try and hold it just below the limiter.

When it gets driven by others it sounds like it won't hit the limiter all that often anyways and a "don't hold it to the floor all day" warning message should be sufficient reminder to keep people aware. Thankfully the people who'll be riding it are respectful and will be mindful of beating it up too bad.

I am ordered 23 inch tires and a 6 inch lift so the top end cruising sped should be good with the taller tires. Hopefully going with a shorter belt and a spring for the driven clutch will keep the bottom end respectable as well and I'll have a good cart for playing and cruising.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carp View Post

Any votes for this?
The shorter belt will give you a torque increase which will help offset the torque loss from taller gears. Theoretically, it sounds like a reasonable plan to me, let us know where you wind up speed wise.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #29
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Progress report, installed napa belt, zip tied the gov spring, new air filter and plug, and changed oil and filter, 10W30 full syn. Cart has plenty of speed for what we need it for. Also I lengthened the throttle rod. Test drove it today before loading it in the trailer and it done great and never hit the rev limiter once. Thanks for all the help, I think I like this one better than my ezgo.
VHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #30
Pugly
Not Yet Wild

I just did the zip tie thing on the lifter XRT850 we just bought. Put it only on the outer spring. I ran the cart with a GPS and it would cruise at 17mph. First try with the zip tie and it was doing 22mph. Way faster than I wanted so I put another tie on there looser and got it down to 19.5. Seems a good compromise, I don't want to blow anything up and don't want to cause a safety issue.

I think that is fast enough for the kiddo to be cruising the neighborhood with. He is 15..just an fyi.
Pugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car