lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
bc13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 92cc wants to keep going

New to the site love what I see so far. My 92 club car wants to keep running even when stopped sometimes. Also sometimes on start up the engine will run but it wont move. I am brand new to golf carts so I am not sure where to start with these problems. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
bc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: 92cc wants to keep going

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc13 View Post
New to the site love what I see so far. My 92 club car wants to keep running even when stopped sometimes. Also sometimes on start up the engine will run but it wont move. I am brand new to golf carts so I am not sure where to start with these problems. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Baxter basics bc, how does the cart run generally ? That's kind of a mixed question there, where exactly is the cart failing ?
Welcome to the cart madness btw

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
bc13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastercarter View Post
Baxter basics bc, how does the cart run generally ? That's kind of a mixed question there, where exactly is the cart failing ?
Welcome to the cart madness btw

FC
Well I guess the first question should be how do I tighten up the belt because sometimes on start up I can hear it slip. Really it fails at times both on start and stop. Sometimes it seems like it slips and wont go and other times it just takes right off. Then when you stop the cart most of the time it will just shut off like normal and then sometimes it will just kind of keep chugging along.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Has the drive belt been checked? Look for cracks or wear. It sounds like it's time for a new belt. Go with a napa 6098 its a shorter belt and about half the price that C.C dealers want.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
bc13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc's BoneCracker View Post
Has the drive belt been checked? Look for cracks or wear. It sounds like it's time for a new belt. Go with a napa 6098 its a shorter belt and about half the price that C.C dealers want.
Looked ok upon just a quick inspection, but I will have to take a closer look. Anyone have any ideas as to why the cart wants to keep running after I stop sometimes?
Old 05-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
bc13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just an update, I tightened the belt from the starter and that seemed to eliminate the slip there. Now I am noticing that sometimes the clutch belt wont catch right away so I think I need to replace that. My bigger concern is that sometimes when I stop the cart will idle way down and just kind of chug along for a bit and then if you leave the break off the cart will actually back up for a second and then die. I have no idea how to fix this so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #7
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

^^

My cart does the same thing and there are two possibilities as to why it happens.

1. The throttle is not quite closing all the way which can be corrected by adjusting the throttle cable a bit. Have you done any adjustments to the cable lately?

2. There is a a build up of carbon in the head. When the motor gets hot the carbon actually heats up enough to continue combustion after you have let off the gas. The engine will chug (known as dieseling) after stopping and occaisionally even spin backwards due to mistimed detonation. To clean out the carbon you can pick up some Seafoam from a local auto parts store.

My cart was doing this a bit last week and I remembered that I had adjusted the throttle a bit so I re-set it and the dieseling stopped. Then I was driving the cart again yesterday, a rather hot day, and it started doing it again. I'll be getting some Seafom and running it through the motor to hopefully clean things up a bit.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
bc13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My uncle installed a new cable in it last year so i will try adjusting. Is the 6013 napa belt a good replacement for every day use? Not really looking for performance just want the clutch belt to quit slipping.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think so I put it on my moms cart and she uses it as a get around the lake cart. Works great.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #10
bc13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok just an update on what is happening now. I am still having 2 problems. The clutch belt still slips on take off on a semi regular basis. My more concerning problem is still the dieseling that is happening from time to time. I have adjusted the throttle cable each way and while one of the directions seems to help it does not eliminate it. I have also put seafoam in the tank. So how do I clean the carbon build up? Any help with either of these is appreciated. Thank you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car