lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Speaker Location Ideas?

I am installing a stereo in my 88 Gas Club car. I have a stereo installed in it already, but i want to take off the hanging speakers from the top and put 6 1/2"ers in the cart somewhere. I don't like to buy the "premade" stuff... i like to customize things and do it myself.

Any ideas on where to put them? Pics maybe too?
thanks,
Cmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Speaker Location Ideas?

Don't have any pics but I've seen a few on here put them on each side of the f-n-r switch behind your feet if driving. Interested to see other ideas bc I'm looking to install a stereo soon too.
mndanielsncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

that was my first idea, so i had my friend come over that is the install manager of the Stereo shop here in town and says there isn't enough room behind there to do it!! I would like to see some pics of speakers in that location??
Old 05-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
bc13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I am interested in seeing some pics also because I am planning on doing this. I am thinking of making some boxes for the openings on both sides of the steering wheel for mine.
bc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

I was going to use 5-1/2" speakers.... Think I remember seeing people use that size. I've also seen a few pics of speakers placed behind the front seat, to the sides of the bag spot/rear seat.

You could try to search speakers and see what comes up.
mndanielsncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:33 AM   #6
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Get some speaker pods, like these ones for instance http://www.lotusthermoforming.com/rhino.html and than you can put the speakers anywhere you want.

If you want them on the face of rear cab (by the f-n-r switch) it is no issue with these pods. You don't have to cut the body or anything. Just mount the pod and then mount the speaker in the pod. These pods are for 6.5 inch speakers but I'm sure you could find pod's for any size if you look around.

Personally when I get to the stereo install part of my project I will be using these pods and mounting speakers on either side of the f-n-r lever. I am also debating on adding two other speakers somewhere on the floorboard where it comes up and meets the bottom of the dash. Possibly up under the cup holder or in the center just next to the gas pedal. Just have to figure out if they will be in the way there.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:56 AM   #7
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thats a great idea... i saw the car specific ones on ebay and other sites... but the universal ones are pretty cool! You can find universal ones for about half that price on ebay if you are interested in looking there to! Judging by your pic, i would say we have the same cart! Mine is a faded red right now, but I'm painting it Dallas Cowboys blue this fall!

Thanks and keep the ideas coming please!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #8
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

^^^

That is true about e-bay but I can't get on e-bay here at work so I gave you that link instead :) I will be using those pod's when I get around to it, they seem to be a great option and offer a lot of available mounting locations.

My cart looks a little bit different now, I just put a 6 inch lift on it the other day. Still waiting on the new wheels to show up though. Radio is one of the next mod's but it's looking like paint will come first.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart lifted.jpg (195.3 KB, 0 views)
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #9
Fireplug117
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My CC came with a homemade stereo enclosure. It is between the front and rear seats, on the ceiling and is made out of wood. It is painted jet black and the builder tucked the stereo antenna along the inside roof mount aluminum tubing. The antenna lays horizontal with the roof line. The speakers are on either side of the stereo and are on the bottom of the console. The stereo itself is facing towards the front of the cart and has a detachable faceplate. I could see replicating it using a cardboard template against the bottom side of the roof and then transferring the pattern to wood. I had to look twice when I bought the cart that it was wood. Looks and works fine. And probably could be done fairly cheap.
Fireplug117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

i have these : http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PAIR-PYL...item4605590ea7

mounted in mine uder the seat tucked up in there good hooked up to a china amp with aux cord ran to a port on my dash. real clean you cant even tell its in the cart. it isnt block rocking but its good. bass isnt the best but i was going for a clean look. have about 70 bucks into the whole setup. amp was less than 20 on ebay and then the aux cord with the marine bulkhead mount was another 25 or so.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car