lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ahhh...

So went down tonight and jack my cart and watched the clutches... I totally get it now. But the faces are soooo smooth... I added some carb cleaner and fuel treatment to the gas to see if that helps at all with the vibration and sluggishness. Also, went to change the rear axle fluid, but how do you fill it... I can't get any up to the fill plug with the muffler and stuff in the way.
Cmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Ahhh...

With a funnel and hose
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Like a tiny funnel and hose... Lol
Old 06-11-2012, 05:30 AM   #4
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Just an FYI that will make watching the clutches easier in the future, on the back of your F-N-R lever there should be a plastic ring, it's yellow on my cart, that you can pull out (out meaning back towards the motor) and then turn 180 degrees. That will put the cart in maintenance mode. When it's in maintenance mode the motor will run in neutral allowing the clutches to function but not spin the wheels. In other words you can watch the clutches work without jacking the cart up. It just saves a little time and effort.

Also, on my snowmobiles I always hit the clutches with a Scotch Brite pad at the end of every season. Just take the belt off and use the Scotch brite to clean the working surfaces of the clutches (the parts that touch the belt). It will take off any film or hazing that builds up from the belt running and help the clutches grab the belt a little better. Don't go too crazy with the pad, even with some light rubbing you will see the pad start to clean the haze off. It will leave some light scuff's on the surface but nothing too worry about.

You don't want to use any type of a product that will leave any type of film or residue behind (like WD-40 or something) cause that will cause the belt to slip.

EDIT: I was thinking your cart was around the same year as mine but just read another thread and saw it was older. Being older I'm not sure if my comments about putting it in maintenance mode are applicable......
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the tips! I will get it a good rub down tonight... i'm going to try and change the axle fuild to.
thanks,
C
Old 06-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Got the axle fluid changed. I thought it would take more but I got just under a quart in each before it started coming back out the fill plug.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

That sounds about right!
When we did my buddies 94 trans and axle, we had 2 leftover 1/8th full bottles of 80W-90 also!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #8
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I did 30 weight in the top and 80/90 in the bottom one...
Old 06-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

And that's fine, it's per CC spec!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #10
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

sweet!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car