lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
reaper1313
Not Yet Wild

Default cc reed valve replacement

Anyone have any idea where to get a new reed valve for a fe290 I have been to many sites and have come up empty. I'm having a problem with my dip stick blowing out and I've checked my compression which is good i've checked the breather tube from the carb to the valve cover and that's good so hopefully it's the reed valve that went bad. Also how much pressure should be in the crankcase? If I take the dipstick out and run the engine it literally sprays my hand with oil. Oil was changed in april and only put in 40 oz. 02' Club Car 6" lift kit with 22" tires if that helps.
reaper1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: cc reed valve replacement

I'd suggest just getting a new dipstick first, It should fit in the tube rather tightly!
I don't know how much pressure is in the crankcase, but, from my past experience(s)
Oil always shoots out of the dipstick tube when I forget to put the dip stick back in after an oil change and start it up!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car