lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery CHarging instructions or sequence

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs1006 View Post
1. i checked all the connections for resistance starting from the key switch all the way back all though im not the greatest at this stuff my meter reads ol which is open line and goes to 000.0 to 000.3 when i measured each connection you drew out fro me the key switch was the same ,
2. the one thing i noticed when my meter end slipped off the orange wire connector on the solonoid and accidentally touched the battery cable the solonoid clicked i did it a couple more times and it clicked whats that tell me ,
3. and to further update the battery situation i was up early and ran the battery charger 5 or 6 more times this morning the meter only goes to 2 amps now while charging , i guess that means the batteries are actuallly charging.
1. Hopefully you are not using the ohmmeter functions on a live circuit. Things have to be disconnected to measure resistance, or meter might be destroyed.
Trace the circuit using the voltmeter function.

2. That tells me the solenoid coil is good and the diode (if installed) isn't shorted and is installed correctly.

3. What the battery voltage is after they rest a few hours, tells you if they are charging or not.

If I was troubleshooting your cart, here is how I do it.
Turn on Keyswitch and put F/R in F.
Attach negative DVM test lead to black on solenoid coil terminal and leave it there.
(Solenoid clicks when B+ is applied to other terminal, so we know this terminal has a good connection to B-)

Touch positive test lead to Orange wire on MS-3 (Throttle microswitch)
Press throttle.
If B+ is there, replace orange wire.
(You do not have to press throttle from this point on)
If not, touch test lead to red wire on MS-3
If B+ is there, replace MS-3

If not, touch test lead to red wire on MS-2 (F/R microswitch)
If B+ is there, replace red wire.
If not, Touch test lead to blue wire on MS-2.
If B+ is there, replace MS-2

If not, touch test lead to blue wire on key switch.
If B+ is there, replace blue wire.
If not, touch test lead to red wire on key switch.
If B+ is there, replace key switch.

If not, touch test lead to red wire where it connect to battery pack.
If B+ is there, replace red wire.
If not, negative test lead must have fallen off solenoid terminal.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #12
cs1006
Not Yet Wild

thats the info ican comprehend , thanks a million Johnnie, this is what i found i dont know if it is the culprit but worth a try eh, 6 hours later battery pack 38.3 individual 6.42 , i think u know where this goes got a new one comin i told the parts guy its a 3 amp 1oov diode is that correct goes from black wire to orange wire on the solonoid. the other side that u cant see is where i was using a mini brush to clean the terminals and zapped it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo diode.jpg (89.3 KB, 0 views)
cs1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #13
jcardwel
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 2005 ez go cart and the other night we had a power problem and now the state of charge indicator is flashing the last two lights, the cart does run and the batteries are good, is their a fix for this?
jcardwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:05 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardwel View Post
I have a 2005 ez go cart and the other night we had a power problem and now the state of charge indicator is flashing the last two lights, the cart does run and the batteries are good, is their a fix for this?
It might reset itself the next time you charge the batteries.
Ifg not, disconnect it, wait 10 minutes the reconnect it. (Do this when pack is fully charged)

However, do yourself and your batteries a favor and replace that LED bargraph battery meter with a DVM type.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Digita...ry_Meters.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO