lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Question Governor problem

I have a question about the internal workings of the transmission governor. Mine is disconnected with only the shaft exposed at the top of the tranny. When I go in reverse and give it gas it sounds like something grinding or stripping. At first I thought the transmission was toast until I moved the shaft a little and it stopped. The shaft only moves back and forth about 1/16 of an inch so my question is what does it do on the insided that it could be putting in a bind? I have searched high and low for a diagram of the inside but I am not real sure what year mine is. All I know is it is a club car transmission. (My cart is a Yamaha clone) Any help or explaination would be appreciated. Thanks.
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Governor problem

called my local golf cart repair shop Thursday and it ironically was the shop that originally installed the rear end in the cart for the previous owner. The mechanic told me on the phone that the governor was just "stuck" and to put the transmission in neutral and rev the engine up and turn the shaft to release the fork on the inside. I tried it but the shaft still does not turn but about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch back and forth. He told me it should release and move about 1/4 of a turn. Guess I'm not doing it right! You can usually find all sorts of useless stuff on the internet but when you really need something it never seems to be there. Still looking for a diagram of the tranny. The mechanic did tell me it came from a club car and the two piece design was replaced sometime around 1989 with a one piece tranny. So I know it is pre 89'.
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car