lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
archer161
Not Yet Wild

Default Need advice on shocks!!!

I have got almost everything done on my cart, but I was needing to add some coil springs to the front end of my ezgo electric 2007 txt cart for added support. I have found some on different sights, but only the ones that replace the stock ones. I have plans of lefting the cart 3 to 4 inches this next year and was needing shocks that had at least 3 to 4 inches more travel on them. I have already replaced the rear springs with heavy duty ones and was needing longer shocks in the rear as well. Due to the fact that i have not lefted it yet and the heavy duty springs extented the stock shocks all the way out and I was needing shocks on the rear to, but not the coil ones I have enough strength with the heavy duty springs. Can anyone help me with part numbers??
archer161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
archer161
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need advice on shocks!!!

I have figured it out!!! If you need 4" more travel on shocks for a ezgo then the cross number for the shock that you will need is #31069 monroe!!
archer161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:07 AM   #3
Loki0876
Not Yet Wild

Looks like they will work, how do you know they are not too stiff since most of Monroe shocks are made for much heavier vehicles like cars? I too am trying to find a 17" shocks for my lifted cart. I put the coil overs from buggies unlimited in the front. The original shocks in the rear would leave me with a lower rear end if i used them in my 97 EZGO TXT.
Loki0876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:41 AM   #4
kofifi
Getting Wild

Why not just go with the monro 31125.

I just bought some for a build i started they are definitely longer than stock and more robust too.
kofifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:46 PM   #5
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a brand new set of monroe 31069 that I bought but they made my cart way too stiff if you send me a ups label they are yours
Monroe Shocks & Struts Monro-Matic Plus 31069 Shock Absorbers

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO