lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 electric ez-go golf stopped running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablovato View Post
I put my dvm to check Voltage and it started to work. The solenoid click seems much louder, is it possible that the solenoid was partially open/closed? I have been trying to get 5his thing going all week and after I ask for help on the forum, it starts to run. What other possible problems could there be?
It's been my experience that many electronic devices "mysteriously" start working when you go at them with DMMs and BIG wrenches and hammers.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #12
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
It's been my experience that many electronic devices "mysteriously" start working when you go at them with DMMs and BIG wrenches and hammers.
same here but not so much with hammers plastic breaks easy

Last edited by pete959; 08-29-2013 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: cant spell
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:23 AM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Sometimes the mere threat of a hammer and crowbar is enough.

And it's not limited to electronics. Mechanical things also exhibit this same phenomenon. But they can smell fear. You gotta go in knowing who's boss.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #14
ablovato
Not Yet Wild

Ok, you were right the problem has come back. I checked for loose or bad wires, everything looks good. I can smell electrical (burnt wires, transformer, resistor or something electrical) smell but all wires look good. As before when I depress the pedal I get a little forward bump. In reverse I get a reverse motion bump. On the b- and m- I get 37.8 vdc. What should I check next? Thanks
ablovato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablovato View Post
Ok, you were right the problem has come back. I checked for loose or bad wires, everything looks good. I can smell electrical (burnt wires, transformer, resistor or something electrical) smell but all wires look good. As before when I depress the pedal I get a little forward bump. In reverse I get a reverse motion bump. On the b- and m- I get 37.8 vdc. What should I check next? Thanks
I suspect the solenoid isn't closing properly and the small bumps you are getting in forward and reverse is from the energy stored in the controller's filter capacitors and the smell is the resistor across the solenoid's big terminal getting hot.

Since the cart started working when you place your DVM test leads on the controller's B- and M- terminals, I'd take a really close look at the small black wire from the controller's B- terminal to one of the solenoid's small terminals.

Run a jumper wire from the battery pack's main Negative terminal (B-) to the solenoid's small terminal with the two black wires attached. If the cart runs with the jumper installer, replace the small black wire between controller's B- terminal and solenoid's small terminal.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #16
ablovato
Not Yet Wild

I ran a jumper as you instyructed from the B- term on the controlller to the post with the two black wires on the solenoid. Nothing. I tested the black wire by putting my meter on the M- tyerminal on the controller to the post with the two black wires on the solenoid and got 39 volts (seem to get more voltage cause the machine is in the hot sun). I checked the pedal switch and it is good. What do you think I should check next.

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The next thing I would do is remove the diode that connected between the solenoid's two small terminals.
If it still does the same thing, measure the voltage on the solenoid's small terminal with the red wires attached.
It should have pack voltage on it when the pedal switch closes.
If it does, replace the solenoid.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #18
ablovato
Not Yet Wild

I put in a new solenoid. Now I get nothing. The solenoid isn't making any sound at all. I took pictures of wiring to be sure to put it back right. Now i am really confused. Any suggestions?
Old 09-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With the charger disconnected from the cart, the Keyswitch ON, the F/R in the "F" position and the Pedal pushed, what voltage do you have on each of the solenoid's two small terminals?

Connect your DVM's negative test lead to the main negative terminal for these voltage measurements.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery Wiring - TXT and Medalist -No Text.JPG (30.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hmmm
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO