lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #31
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear bearings getting noisy?

yeah well I don't have anything for me to attach anything to, as my garage is finished. and I have used the floor jack method many times when I was building/repairing VW's
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #32
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

2x4s across the seat backs. Probably won't work as well without a rear seat.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #33
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Step by step how to inside this thread with pictures...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...xperiment.html

These rear ends have a really simple design and pretty much idiot proof. Even I can rebuild them without issue.

As far as I know there are not any gear sets for the Dana's between the 12.44:1 and the 8:1 but I bet the 8:1's would work great in your cart, Johnny. I now buy gear sets from Apache Gear in Glendale, AZ (623) 934-7144. They make the gear sets that you'll but from any vendor. Just give them a call and they will send a set to you COD. I just got a 8:1 set for my Graziano rear in the drag cart for $238 shipped.

As far a removing the rear end assembly what I do is loosen up all the the bolts but leave the rear end attached to the leaf springs. Then I remove the rear spring bolts and let the assembly pivot down with a floor jack until the back of the springs are on the floor. Then you can just remove the U bolts and slide the rear end off the end of the springs onto the floor. Reverse procedure for install.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #34
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Terry - Thanks for the link and thank you even more so for the wonderful "how-to" documentation and pictures.

I re-read the thread and noticed when have the same type motors and controllers.

After kicking around the 8:1 idea some more, I've decided to stick with 12.44:1 and avoid leaving this Earthly veil of tears sooner than He originally planned.

Two things changed my mind: Brakes and SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed)

I have 8" rims, so upgrading the brakes means new rims and tires as well as installing a 4-wheel disk brake kit.
It's doable, but I don't want to alter the stock appearance of the cart.

More importantly, Marcia doesn't want the cart to go any faster, and after debating with her on a variety of subjects for more than thirty years, I know when to throw in the towel.

------------
As I discovered when the original motor seized, the cart slows to a stop PDQ from 33MPH with the back tires sliding and I can slide them with the mechanical brakes, so brake fade and wear are the issues.
With regen braking, the cart slows to about 15MPH rapidly, so I usually don't apply the foot brake until I'm below the 19MPH top speed of stock PDS, and feel comfortable with my current braking set-up, as long as I stay below 6500RPM, which is about 28.5 MPH with my current tires and gear ratio.

-----------
I was under the cart spraying the first application Kroil on the nuts and bolts that'll have to be removed, I noticed the rubber spacers are missing on the R-R shock and the shaft is bent, so new rear shocks got added to the shopping list.

Cart leans to the driver side, so I'm going to swap the L & R rear springs and the rubber inserts got on the shopping list too.

----------
Since the bearings on the input shaft are effectively the front bearings on the motor, I'm limiting my cart usage, distance of travel and speed.
My better half might start water boarding me if I wipe out another motor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #35
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

JohnnieB.......obviously you train well......especially after 30 years.....and have become a wise man.......and at this point, we all KNOW how women can be! LOL
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #36
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Johnny, not to worry. You won't leave sooner than He planned...perhaps sooner that you planned though.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #37
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
Johnny, not to worry. You won't leave sooner than He planned...perhaps sooner that you planned though.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
That's why I used the word "originally" to qualify the statement.

I have a son that studies the ancient languages so he can read the original text of scriptures, including the ones that weren't included, and is married to lady with a PhD in Divinity. When they come to visit, some of the conversations get to be pretty philosophical.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO