lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2013, 04:25 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 Dcs with a 600 amp alltrax flashing code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timscarts View Post
Hey Scotty, the attached diagram was for a series cart, I have a dcs, I am getting 10 volts pedal up but I'm getting around 6 volts pedal down. I don't understand how the controller is reading 6.5 volts and I'm getting 38 volts. Where does the controller get it's voltage reading from?
I'm not Scotty and I'm not sure exactly where the controller gets the voltage reading, but there are only five possibilities.

All Terminals and Pins listed are physically located on Controller.
1. B- Terminal -> B+ Terminal
2. B- Terminal -> Pin-10
3. B- Terminal -> Pin-9
4. B- Terminal -> Pin-6
5. B- Terminal -> Pin-5

When measure the voltage on the Pins, lift the plug and touch the test probe to the pin instead of going into the backside of the plug.

If those five voltages are correct, I suspect the controller is bad.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Your its is correct.
My post should have read 6v not .6 like stock and certainly not .06 as posted...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Hey Scotty, the attached diagram was for a series cart, I have a dcs, I am getting 10 volts pedal up but I'm getting around 6 volts pedal down. I don't understand how the controller is reading 6.5 volts and I'm getting 38 volts. Where does the controller get it's voltage reading from?
Not sure I understand the question here, Tim.
Please tell us exactly where the test leads are for each reading you are questioning.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #24
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Does the controller read voltage from B+ and B- or from one of the pins and B-? I checked my voltage from B- to the pins, not the connector, I slide the connector back just far enough to get a reading from the pin. I'm also getting 38 volts from B+ to B-, I tested the resistor and it is correct at 220 ohms, I even swapped it out and nothing changed. I have my laptop hooked to it and it is reading 6.5 volts not 38 volts like I'm getting.
Timscarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Does the controller read voltage from B+ and B- or from one of the pins and B-? I checked my voltage from B- to the pins, not the connector, I slide the connector back just far enough to get a reading from the pin. I'm also getting 38 volts from B+ to B-, I tested the resistor and it is correct at 220 ohms, I even swapped it out and nothing changed. I have my laptop hooked to it and it is reading 6.5 volts not 38 volts like I'm getting.
Like I said in Post#21, I don't know.

However there are only the five possibilities I listed and if you have battery pack voltage (~38V) with respect to B- (either the main negative terminal at the battery pack or the terminal marked "B-" on controller) at all five of them, and the monitor panel window on the computer when Controller Pro is in monitor mode, says the voltage is 6.5V, the controller is probably bad.

If you call Alltrax tomorrow, they might tell you where the controller measures the voltage it displays on the monitor screen.

If you do and they do, lets us know.

I have wondered about it, but never pursued it because there are only a few possibilities, measuring those voltages is already part of the basic troubleshooting process and the controller is potted, so it cannot be repaired and which one of the possibilities is the one doesn't matter.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #26
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

So they sent me a new controller, just got it today, no info on the old one, guess I have to call. I'll have to wait until Friday to put it in when I go back to the campground, can't wait!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #27
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Good as new!!!! Popped in the new controller and we were off!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO