lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2014, 12:52 AM   #1
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 8 6v under seat

Guys, I know this has been asked and answered alot but here goes. How can I fit 8 6v's under the seat? I've read that you move the controller ahead. Where exactly does this mean? Moving it up on wheelwell closer to the bottom of the seat? There's not much more I can move it without being too close to seat and it still doesn't look like there's gonna be enough room to me. Like I said, I know it's been done but, I can't find a good closeup picture of it. Any advice on this would surely help. Thanks.
kojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2014, 05:16 AM   #2
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 8 6v under seat

I moved my controller towards the rear as far as I could cutting off the rear two mounting holes in the aluminum mount completely and redrilling frame for the remaining forward two mounting holes. I also replaced the mechanical f&r with a reversing solenoid. If you are PDS then that doesn't apply.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2005 ezgo 08.jpg (100.2 KB, 0 views)
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:59 AM   #3
FuturoMan
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Isn't there enough room if you rotated the battery 90 degrees so it is situated the opposite way of the others?
FuturoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have a flip rear seat so don't need the bagwell to carry stuff. I found a battery box for two 6 volt batteries sitting end to end and put it in the bagwell. Fits perfectly under the rear seat. Couldn't have been easier to upgrade to 48 volts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 2 006.jpg (60.9 KB, 0 views)
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:23 AM   #5
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info Sportcoupe. I was thinking that was the way but, I thought I read somewhere that it helped keep the controller cool. That's why I wasn't sure about doing it that way.

FuturoMan, I'm not for sure if they'll go in like that or not, I haven't measured it yet that way.

Olman I like the battery box. I haven't seen them for sale anywhere though but I'll check.
Thanks guys
Old 02-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #6
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Dang computer
Old 02-07-2014, 12:56 AM   #7
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

On 2nd thought I have seen them, but in the pictures they look to big for mine, but I don't know, didn't get any measurements. I've got a 2010 txt.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #8
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you move controller back like sport coupe said all 8 batts will fit nicely under the seat , that way you have room for an additional 12 volt. Batt in the bag well to run your accessories ( winch , radio , lights) that's what I did, have 400 amp Alltrax controller ( remember to cut old controller cover in 1/2 to allow new Alltrax controller to cool , I assume you have updated the controller as well )
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:36 AM   #9
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojo View Post
On 2nd thought I have seen them, but in the pictures they look to big for mine, but I don't know, didn't get any measurements. I've got a 2010 txt.
Kojo, this is where I got the battery box:http://www.allbatterysalesandservice....cfm/4,576.htm

It fits.

And Great White North--No offense but if you are going to put a battery in the bagwell anyway, why not put the extra 6 volt batteries in there and not have to go to the trouble of moving anything? I have my 12 volt battery under the seat. After making the cables it took me 10 minutes to upgrade to 48 volts. Just sayin---
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:48 AM   #10
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I was more thinking of keeping the battery cable length as short as possible
For battery pack , ( more efficient that way ) , I thought the physical size of a 12 volt might be a little larger then the 6 volt , (prob . Wrong on that )
However both ways work just fine , , with just the one 12 volt in bag well I still have some room to put things for storage
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO