lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2014, 11:50 PM   #21
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 8 6v under seat

Good point Scotty. Never thought about my backseat, but your right.
kojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2014, 12:12 AM   #22
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Just say one was to put a battery on pass. side under seat, would you need to build some sort of crate out of angle iron for it to sit in? Just out of curiosity.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:06 AM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Just sitting it on the existing bottom pan is fine, but a hold down of some kind is needed to keep it from moving front to back, side to side and bouncing up.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:07 AM   #24
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

As Johnnie stated, sitting on the frame pan is fine. I used two long pieces of threaded rod and a piece of angle iron (bed frame) to hold the extra batteries on the side under seat. The threaded rod was installed at an angle from battery bottom outside corner to upper inside corner. These pieces keep it from moving forward and aft. The threaded rod attached to angle iron keeping battery from moving left (or right depending on which side).

sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #25
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
There are obviously a lot of ways to skin this cat and no absolute correct way. I relocated the control / solenoid and modified the F&R to fit and connect to the modified linkage. I do not suggest this way but, I was out to prove Western cart design wrong.

I second the suggestion that added weight is a drawback in an electric cart. More weight takes more amperage to move... more brakes to stop. The difference in weight between 6/8v and 8/6v is easily equal to a passenger. ( so is the rear seat) So rear seat and 8/v batteries = 3 people on the cart at all times.....this is gonna cost ya performance wise.
I agree with you totally about the weight factor however---I built this cart BEFORE I knew about BGW. I had just bought 6 new 230AH 6 volt batteries. Then I found BGW and read from you and others on the forum about the big performance gains of upgrading to 48 volts. At that point having new 6 volt batteries, my logical choice was to get 2 more 6 volters. So it is your fault I now have a heavy series cart going 30 mph that climbs any hill I run it on with ease. You bad man you!!
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I hear that a lot - LOL
my first few 48v conversions all ran 8/6v for the same reasons. It wasn't until I started purpose building 48v carts that I began using 6/8v like T895 or CR190 and finding the run time was the same or better than the original 6/6v .
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #27
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys for all the input and help on this.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO