lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #11
runester
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can't find '80 battery wiring diagram

Thanks for all your time and help JohnnieB. I will be the first to say I'm not the sharpest tack in the pack.Trying to trace current flow and such start to make things a little fuzzy for me. I need a diagram and not a schematic that will make this cart work. A little history: I bought this cart for $200. When I got it the cart worked fine but a little slow. Thats because the person he got the cart from wired something wrong and blew up one of the batteries so he wired to run on 5 batteries(really 4 because one of the 5 was shot). I only messed with the battery connections. Did not remove anything from the F/R. I will send pic of F/R switch wiring with labels. Not sure if it makes a difference but my F/R has two MS's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-02-07 08.34.29.jpg (189.7 KB, 0 views)
runester is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2014, 09:57 AM   #12
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

the battery's wire in series. Start with a negative of 1 battery to the neg of the cart. Then from that battery's positive go the neg of the next battery,and so on until you wind up with a positive terminal left.that hooks to the pos of the cart.you should have 36 volts at the neg and pos of the cart when finished.It is a little maze or road map per say.Not hard.
tdump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Since you have two microswitches on the F/R assembly, the attached is most likely the original wiring diagram and some wires have been moved around a bit over the years.

The A1 & A2 cables have been moved from 9 & 3 to 3 & 9, but that really isn't an issue. They most likely ended up that way because the cart's direction of travel didn't match the position of the F/R lever and the A1/A2 cables were switch at the F/R switch rather than at the Motor. (Doesn't matter - either way works.)

However, the 9 o'clock terminal being connected to both A2 on the motor and to the battery, is a major issue. I cannot figure out how the cart will run forward and backwards when connected that way.
What battery terminal is connected to A2 and the 9 o'clock terminal on the F/R switch?

-----------
As tdump mentioned, the batteries are connected in series, so there are several ways of wiring them together. The smaller gauge cables from the charge receptacles should be connected to the battery pack's main positive and main negative terminals.

The main negative terminal should be connected to the F2 terminal on the motor.
The main positive terminal should be connected to one of the large terminals on the solenoid.

----------
It may be slow due to only having 4 batteries, but it should go in both directions and have four distinct speeds in each direction. Does it?

The cables are in pretty rough shape, so they need to be replaced.

If possible, please post pictures showing the entire battery pack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resistor ezgo1rt4.jpg (57.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #14
runester
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Replaced the two batteries that were missing and wired them back in series (tdump) and took off that extra A-2 cable and wired as you (JohnnieB) stated WORKS GREAT !!!!!
Now I got to start a thread in the Club Car section. My complex manager has an 86 that refuses to be fixed but with the level of help available on this site I know I will be able to get it running.
runester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:29 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear you got it going. Thanks for the feedback.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO