lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
ezgogonebad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo starting

Got an 87 ezgo marathon 2 stroker that starts fine cold you can drive it all day till you stop and try to start it back. let it sit and cool for 30 min it will fire right up ive checked spark its good, cleaned carburetor three times. checked fuel pump everytime it does this.It just will not start it back, back fires and the engine makes a ticking with the choke on so I know its getting fuel plug looks good light tan color. also has brand new 800ca battery Im baffled only thing I can come up with is the starter generator is getting week I checked the brushes they are about 3/16 from the change mark but I did notice one side looks brand new and the other side looks to have been really hot. any input would be greatly appreciated
ezgogonebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2014, 06:12 PM   #2
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo starting

Welcome to BGW! You should try posting this on the EZGO Gas BBS. This is the electric BBS. Nothing but old smelly electric guys here. For now, if it is misbehaving, get some starting fluid in a spray can. When it does it, try spraying some down the throat of the carb. If it starts up right away, or even acts like it will, it is probably a fuel delivery problem - check fuel filter and/or carb/fuel pump if it has one. Good luck! If it does nothing, check the float bowl of the carb. See if you can see if there is any gas in it. If not, fuel delivery problem.
I would suspect the fuel filter first - its a cheap fix, you can just replace it and see it the problem goes away!
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:22 PM   #3
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo starting

Finally, something I know a bit about!
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO