lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2014, 07:05 PM   #1
Bubbasdad
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default DPI charger help

I have a 98 Club Car 48v. Due to several quick fixes to charging system and batteries over the years I decided it was time to get everything back to original/near original shape. I installed new charger receptacle and all new batteries. I plugged charger in and nothing. I switched my charger with neighbors and mine would work on his but his still would not on mine. I checked all wires and fuse and everything seemed in order so I figured OBC must be bad. Since charger was 16 years old and starting to have problems plus fact that OBC cost was high I decided to go with a DPI accusense charger. Instructions said I needed to run wire from negative wire on back of receptacle to negative post on rear battery drivers side. I didn't know if I should run wire straight from back of receptacle or tie in after fusible link. I went on side of caution and left link in place and connected after link. I plugged everything in , charger came on, started charging then .....trouble....

Smelled plastic then I noticed charger turn off..Looked down and fusible link on back of receptacle was melted as well as some of the plastic receptacle housing...

I checked polarity of receptacle, each battery, each battery voltage, then voltage across pack and everything checked fine...

ANY IDEAS????

Last edited by Bubbasdad; 04-14-2014 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: left out part
Bubbasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #2
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: DPI charger help

Are you sure, that the battery you described ( drivers side rear ), is the main pack negative? Is that the battery that the wire coming through the hole in the obc, goes to?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:23 PM   #3
crash test dummy

i never left fuse inline

Old 04-15-2014, 05:45 AM   #4
Bubbasdad
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Battery I connected to is one with black wire going through OBC(#6)

Also I ran wire from neg wire to battery not grey sense fuse wire,per instructions from mfg.
Bubbasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car