lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2014, 08:09 AM   #11
tculpepper
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Resistor cart gets hot

it works
tculpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2014, 08:12 AM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tculpepper View Post
I ran a new wire and completely bypassed the resistor housing. It took out one connection and let the current go straight to the motor.
Couldn't just flooring it do the same?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:28 AM   #13
crash test dummy

yea !!! lets just go full speed all the time ....

Old 05-06-2014, 08:48 AM   #14
Newbie22
Not Yet Wild

Problem with flooring it is all the **** speed bumps they have in this park.
This by passing of the resitor board, would anyone have a wiring diagram of that? Thanks
Newbie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #15
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
Whats wrong with that? You don't actually bypass the entire resistor completely. I did the same thing on mine. I ran one from the last post of the swiper board to the last post on the resistor, and another from the last post on the swiper board straight to the motor. Kinda redundant, but it worked well. All other speeds were wired as normal.

As far as I know, there is no way to reduce heat from the resistor other than using a different one, as the entire purpose of the resistor is to convert the electrical energy into heat energy by slowing down the current and burning off the excess stored energy.
tyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #16
crash test dummy

if it was safe to wire the motor to the batteries the manufacture would of done it
there are times when you need to control the speed of the cart ... crowds, parades , turns , and pulling in to parking space
Old 05-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #17
crash test dummy

if it was safe to wire the motor to the batteries the manufacture would of done it
there are times when you need to control the speed of the cart ... crowds, parades , turns , and pulling in to parking space
Old 05-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #18
Newbie22
Not Yet Wild

Best bet I guess is tell them to run wide open as much as they can, quit feather footing it....Start ramping the speed bumps.lol
Thanks for the help......
Newbie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Reminds me of my first 48v cart.... it was resistor coil operation. I knew about the coils being the weak point and being out of the delivery loop when running WOT. So that's the way I drove it - off - on. Off- ON-off. For about a year and a half.
One day the wife got on it to go to the neighbors place and she had a melt down half way there. She was madder than a wet hen.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #20
tculpepper
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I don't run straight from the batteries. Power still goes through the wiper board and everything else. I just bypassed the connection after the last resistor. It did away with a weak point. It works for me. I don't run it in crowds or parades, my yard is my parking spot and a lot of times it's fun to take turns wide open.
tculpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO