lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2014, 05:32 AM   #1
mnm99
Not Yet Wild

Default Disk brake questions?

A buddy of mine bought a cart that needed a lot of work. Now it's snowballing and he wants to do more. So far I replaced every bit of the electronics,Motor ect and upgraded it. New seats, rear sear ect...I just installed a 6"lift with 22" tires. It all looks great, but now were looking at upgrading the brakes. It's pretty hard to stop right now and I adjusted them the best I can. I was looking at the disk upgrades, but not sure where to start. I see there's mechanical and hydro. What would be the best for the cart? Also is there such thing as front brakes? He also want's to make it road legal. Thanks for any help you can give me.
mnm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2014, 06:48 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Disk brake questions?

My stock brakes will lock 'um, up with four people at 36+mph. May need more tweaking, unless you have over-sized tires. There's a whole chapter on brakes in the Service Manual in the stickies.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

4 wheel hydraulic brake kits form wheelsca deliver over 300 Xs the braking pressure of the OEM system. However, the install is not simple and many people have trouble with the hydraulic (wet) brake bleeding and set up. Installation does require more skill than cable brakes.

Most people go with the Ausco rear only cable disc brake kits.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

Should be about time for another sale on those Scotty
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #5
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
4 wheel hydraulic brake kits form wheelsca deliver over 300 Xs the braking pressure of the OEM system. However, the install is not simple and many people have trouble with the hydraulic (wet) brake bleeding and set up. Installation does require more skill than cable brakes.

Agree with Scotty. I have the 4 wheel hydraulic discs and they are awesome but it does take a bit of work to get them installed and bled properly. It was worth the effort in my book.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO