lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #11
jay1028
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Desulfator on new pack?

I can bring an AM radio within five feet of the cart while the desulfator is running and hear about a 1KHz tone across the band. It puts out a 50us pulse every 1 millisecond. That's how I check if it is running. Have to remember to turn it off when using the reducer also, never thought of that.

My desulfator did take months before I saw any difference.
jay1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2014, 05:21 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1028 View Post
I can bring an AM radio within five feet of the cart while the desulfator is running and hear about a 1KHz tone across the band. It puts out a 50us pulse every 1 millisecond. That's how I check if it is running. Have to remember to turn it off when using the reducer also, never thought of that.

My desulfator did take months before I saw any difference.
Try that same radio in the cart while the Controller is passing amps to the motor.

The PWM out of the controller is in the 15kHz to 20kHz range, so it'll squeal about like an old TV with a bad flyback transformer.

What I plan to do is wire my BLS through the NC contacts of a 12V DPST relay and power the relay coil by the voltage reducer. So when the reducer is on the BLS is disconnected.

I'll probably toss a toggle switch into the circuit also. That way I can shut it off without powering up the voltage reducer should the need arise.

----------
What make/model desulfator do you have?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:55 PM   #13
jay1028
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The relay to turn off the desulf when the reducer is activated is a great idea. I will have to steal it.

I made my own desulf about three years ago with the help of this forum:
http://leadacidbatterydesulfation.yuku.com/directory

I used the 555 version and modified it per another forum member with the addition of thermistors attached to the Power Mosfet and power diode. Depending on battery conditions, the pulser can put out a wider pulse, which is more power than the circuit can safely handle, so if the mosfet or diode get too warm, the NTC thermistors reduce the duty cycle to a safe level. There is no heatsink on the mosfet therefore the thermistor for safety.

There was no 6v version of this design, so I made three 12v versions and strap one of these across two batteries. So I have three running at once. Each unit draws 45ma.

Come to think if it, now that there are three units, I'll need three relays.
jay1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO