lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
razor1
Gone Wild

Default 2007 Shuttle 6 No Power

I have a 2007 Shuttle 6, PDS 2, which was having intermittent issues and now is completely dead. Previously, you would be riding along and completely lose power, but turning the cart on and off would restore power. Now the cart is dead.

I have no power at the key switch.
I've tested the reed switch, which is reading pack voltage.
I've swapped out the solenoid.

I know not having power at the switch is a big deal, but aside from the reed switch, what could kill power?

Help. Thanks.
razor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
yellow36vpds
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 Shuttle 6 No Power

razor1, start with the following sticky. There are many links for manuals in that thread and the manuals have troubleshooting procedures that walk you step by step to determine the cause.

I am sure some of the more seasoned cart veterans will jump in as well. Good Luck!
yellow36vpds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:39 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Here is another one.. It is for the PDS system but should be very similar. Break out the meter and start testing voltages.. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html

Could be a bad micro switch at the foot pedal.. Make sure to put it on jack stands so it doesn't run over you..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
razor1
Gone Wild

Could a bad microswitch cause no power at the key switch?
Old 08-12-2014, 08:32 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor1 View Post
I have a 2007 Shuttle 6, PDS 2, which was having intermittent issues and now is completely dead. Previously, you would be riding along and completely lose power, but turning the cart on and off would restore power. Now the cart is dead.

I have no power at the key switch.
I've tested the reed switch, which is reading pack voltage.
I've swapped out the solenoid.

I know not having power at the switch is a big deal, but aside from the reed switch, what could kill power?

Help. Thanks.
Get a wiring diagram. If you have no power at the keyswitch, changing random parts, like the solenoid is a waste of money. It also prevents you from being able to fix future problems.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:02 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is a link to a service manual for carts with PDS-II drives systems: http://www.ordertree.com/docs/1047/E...028747-g01.pdf

Attached is a schematic for a PDS-II system.

As shown on the schematic, the controller supplies power to all the external switches except the Reed switch and Run/Row switch.

The Reed switch feeds one set of contacts in the Run/Tow switch and the ofter set is connected to the battery side large terminal on the solenoid.

The output of the Run/Tow switch feeds the controller on J1 Pins 2, 3 and 4, so if you have pack voltage on those three pins, but not on the keyswitch (J1 Pins 1 and 12), you might have a bad controller.

A new Curtis 1264 is expensive, but FSIP (a BGW sponsor - click on "Site Sponsors" on above menu bar) has re-manufactured units.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS-II Shuttle.JPG (94.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:48 AM   #7
yellow36vpds
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Another option is to have your controller rebuilt if that is the problem. Check here for contact information. He is the guy that rebuilt mine and it worked like a charm. The charge listed on his website for a CURTIS 1264 SERIES is $150.00. Worth a shot.
yellow36vpds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #8
razor1
Gone Wild

Thank you both for the information. I'll get dirty this afternoon and hope that my controller isn't the problem.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:39 AM   #9
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Would anyone know if the above might apply to a star golf cart having the same problem wit the controller not powering up

Thanks
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:29 PM   #10
razor1
Gone Wild

So it appears that the controller is not the problem. I also tested the solenoid, the key switch and the F/R switch. I'm now starting to think that something may be wrong with the wiring harness, this is going to get fun.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO