lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
jaxcart1969
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 txt electrical gremlin

My question is simple, what would inhibit the solenoid from closing? The cart has new batteries, new solenoid, key switch, FNR, ITS, ITS micro switch, motor, controller (Curtis 1206). I get no codes on my 1313 hand held. I have full battery voltage to solenoid and controller. The only symptom is it won't close the solenoid to run. I've checked all wires in the harness. I've pinned the controller, what am I missing?
jaxcart1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2014, 03:20 PM   #2
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 txt electrical gremlin

ITS cable or connector may be bad. Make sure you replaced the pedal switch with a Normally Closed contact arrangement.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #3
jaxcart1969
Not Yet Wild

Hello Radioman, thanks for the input! I actually ordered all or the parts right from ezgo. I've checked my ITS clearance and voltage and my handheld 1313 gives me a good throttle position. I have 49+/- to red, 0 green, pedal pressed gives me 49+/- to green. Switch is closed until pedal pressed.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxcart1969 View Post
Hello Radioman, thanks for the input! I actually ordered all or the parts right from ezgo. I've checked my ITS clearance and voltage and my handheld 1313 gives me a good throttle position. I have 49+/- to red, 0 green, pedal pressed gives me 49+/- to green. Switch is closed until pedal pressed.
The switch may be the problem. The switch should be open until the pedal is pressed. The switch is held open by the plunger and drops to closed when it falls off the plunger. If the replacement has three terminals you may be able to move the contact connection from normally open to normally closed. If it has only two terminals order a normally closed switch. I bet the solenoid clicks when you turn on key switch.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:47 PM   #5
jaxcart1969
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: 2011 txt electrical gremlin

Same part, same part # that was replaced. OEM stuff, N/O switch 49v in, closes, 49v out. Wiring is good and connections are good. This is a factory stock txt that someone shorted out. Everything was replaced with OEM new from ezgo. While testing the wires I happened upon 11.9 v current from battery main - to the rear axel hub. I've checked, rechecked wires. Any thoughts, related problem?
New-
Battery pack
Motor
Reverse buzzer
Key sw
FNR
ITS, ITS sw
Solenoid
Controller
No faults on 1313
??????????? What's left?
Old 08-26-2014, 07:05 PM   #6
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxcart1969 View Post
The pedal switch should be OPEN until the pedal is pressed then it drops to the normal position which should be closed. Double check this. The switch should be NC normally closed type. Might be problem, might not.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #7
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Charger receptacle. Check for pack voltage at the I believe blue wire at the back of the receptacle. If it's sensing the charger is plugged it it kills power so the cart will not run for safety. If the receptacle is bad it will act like the charger is plugged in and won't run.
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:25 PM   #8
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Charger receptacle. Check for pack voltage at the I believe blue wire at the back of the receptacle. If it's sensing the charger is plugged it it kills power so the cart will not run for safety. If the receptacle is bad it will act like the charger is plugged in and won't run.
That too. Probably more likely than the wrong pedal box switch. The smaller wire coming out of the charger receptacle. Should have B+ on it when charger plug is not inserted.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:34 PM   #9
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't think it's the switch he would have a high pedal disable code. I would think. And he would have to have a 3 prong micro. The only difference between the 2 txt pedal box micros that I know of are the spade size 1/4 or 3/16. They where 2 prong. I'm thinking when the pedal is up he is seeing the micro closed which visually it is but internally it's open. And when the pedal is depressed you see it as open but it's closed internally. Maybe???
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:51 PM   #10
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I don't think it's the switch he would have a high pedal disable code. I would think. And he would have to have a 3 prong micro. The only difference between the 2 txt pedal box micros that I know of are the spade size 1/4 or 3/16. They where 2 prong. I'm thinking when the pedal is up he is seeing the micro closed which visually it is but internally it's open. And when the pedal is depressed you see it as open but it's closed internally. Maybe???
That is possible. It is a confusing arrangement. I was just going by what was stated. The reed switch is something often overlooked as the cause of a cart that wont go. However the voltage he measured on the red and green wire on the pedal switch indicate the switch is operating properly when the pedal is pressed. If the ignition interlock was bad there would be no voltage on either of the pedal switch contacts regardless. This voltage comes from the reed switch through the key switch to the pedal box switch to the solenoid coil. Something don't make sense.

Tags
txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO