lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2014, 05:06 PM   #1
CarolinaMan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Solenoid clicks - new batt cables

So I don't post often. Have learned a ton about carts here. Though I'd share something I learned today. Recently one of the cables heated and burned completely through a connection on the FnR switch. I was warned that I was on borrowed time when I put the 23" tires and a 5" lift on the cart. So, I decided it was time to get a heavy duty FnR (from ScottyB) and also replace all cables with 4 gauge. It cost me $63 to switch the cables. Not bad. I took one cable at a time and cut the new cable to match the length. Seemed easier to keep up with it that way. I installed the new FnR switch. Everything, I thought was tight. I turned to key to try it out, and I heard click, click, click each time I depressed the throttle. So I return here to read what might be wrong. I tried everything that was suggested on previous posts. Turns out that the nut on the back side of the FnR switch needed to be tightened. Not the armature side but side where the main cables attach. The new cables were tight enough, but the contacts weren't tight enough. Problem solved!!

CarolinaMan
2004 txt series (stock) 36v
FnR under the knee
CarolinaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO