lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2015, 08:38 AM   #1
KosmoSVT
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 48V Golf Cart range?

Hey guys, I'm relatively new here and straight up new to the Golf Cart Scene. I was just wondering what is the average range everyone gets in miles or time; running there cart? I know upgrades have a lot to do with it, fast carts drawing more juice, drag caused from oversized tires/wheels, aerodynamics (windshield/roof) and healthy batteries; even more so. V/R Kosmo

2002 G19
48V
18" tires
2 gauge wires
Curtis HD solenoid
Curtis 500 (1268-5504)
OEM Motor (for now)
KosmoSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2015, 09:50 AM   #2
pat5000
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 48V Golf Cart range?

I can go approximately 15mi fully charged and still have approximately 80% State of charge.

6 (8volt Trojan T-875 with J2 printed on the terminal
2013 Yamaha drive with PTV code, Flip-flop seat with grab bar, 2 inch receiver,
Windshield in the up position,
48v to 12v reducer, Halogen headlights LED taillights on During entire test.
I used a GPS and fluke 87 meter,
Testing day 10 mph wind and relatively flat Roads

49.65 volts after resting for one hour.
I did not wait 12 to 24 hours for Correct Voltage reading
pat5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:13 AM   #3
KosmoSVT
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Red face Re: 48V Golf Cart range?

I haven't taken my my cart more than 4-5 miles yet. A little nervous I guess. Batteries individually are testing 8.3 to 8.4 volts each. I bought the cart 5 weeks ago and noticed it does hold a good charge after a few day unplugged. Four of the Trojan 875's are from 2012 and I guess the guy changed two out this February, to PD+ Deep Cycle. I installed a digital led segmented status meter gauge so I have a idea how much juice is in it. After the 4-5 miles while getting it registered, it dropped two segments. Not sure if that is bad or not? It still seemed pretty quick. What do you think? Any reply would be helpful.
KosmoSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:11 AM   #4
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Most people will get a range between 15-20 mile ... It will vary due to weight, terrain, amp/hr size of batts, and size of tires etc... I have yet to see 25 -30 mile range on any lead acid ..(without going below 50% SOC) But I guess its possible
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:54 AM   #5
johnk4jmk
Getting Wild

Yamaha

10-15 miles on a reguluar basis no problem, and oh yeah my cart is for sale 865-640-7120
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new wheels and tires 001.JPG (164.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg new wheels and tires 003.JPG (122.6 KB, 0 views)
johnk4jmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:16 AM   #6
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

48 volt cart, new batteries, complete rebuild, I got 21 miles around the neighborhood and surrounding area before it started to rain. Was down to 49v without resting. Carrying about 500 lbs, all asphalt, street tires on the high side of inflation, up and down hills, mostly wot. Work day at deer camp, grass/dirt trails, mud tires, some light mud, gravel rds does not get that far.
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 04:48 PM   #7
pat5000
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosmoSVT View Post
I haven't taken my my cart more than 4-5 miles yet. A little nervous I guess. Batteries individually are testing 8.3 to 8.4 volts each. I bought the cart 5 weeks ago and noticed it does hold a good charge after a few day unplugged. Four of the Trojan 875's are from 2012 and I guess the guy changed two out this February, to PD+ Deep Cycle. I installed a digital led segmented status meter gauge so I have a idea how much juice is in it. After the 4-5 miles while getting it registered, it dropped two segments. Not sure if that is bad or not? It still seemed pretty quick. What do you think? Any reply would be helpful.
I also installed a (digital led segmented status meter gauge). It doesn't seem to tell you very much. They claim you're supposed to wait 20 minutes for it to be accurate .
I'm hoping to replace it with the LED digital numeric soon from Scotty B.

I'm not sure what PD+ Deep Cycle are but hopefully they are (deep cycle flooded lead acid), same as others and same amp hour
Old 06-09-2015, 07:41 PM   #8
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat5000 View Post
I'm not sure what PD+ Deep Cycle are but hopefully they are (deep cycle flooded lead acid), same as others and same amp hour
They are batteries that are either Crown or JCI batts with Club Car's label on them - Powerdrive Plus
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #9
pat5000
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
They are batteries that are either Crown or JCI batts with Club Car's label on them - Powerdrive Plus
thank you.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:15 AM   #10
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

The problem with bar gauges is your basically guessing at your voltage. Maybe an educated guess but guessing. You could do a full charge and see where the pack is with a dvm each time it drops a bar on the gauge. Then repeat to see if it stays accurate.The problem with doing this is you will have to sit for a bit each time the meter drops to get an accurate reading. Remember not to go below 48.4v. That is 50% soc. May have to write out a list, one bar down is 50v ect. or what ever it is. This would give you an understanding of where you are on that gauge and a little time to be able to get a digital numeric installed so you know at a glance where your voltage is.
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha