lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2015, 07:57 PM   #1
06madaman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Best g16 controller with stock motor

Gentleman,
I have a g16 and I want more speed with stock motor. GPS says 14/15mph when I clock it. How fast will I be able to get with just this upgrade? I currently have stock rims/tires. Will be getting larger off road tires and lift at some point... Just want more speed now! lol, thanks for your responses in advance.
06madaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2015, 12:34 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Best g16 controller with stock motor

The biggest controller money can buy "might" get you a 1/2 mph speed upgrade over stock. "Series" motor systems dont get good speed increases from controller upgrades alone ("sepex" systems do). Your options are as follows (in order of my favorite to least favorite)- 1- upgrade to 48v for 33% more speed & torque, all doors are open for future upgrades (costs alot, controller, batteries, cables, charger). 2- larger tires/wheels with a loss of torque equal to speed increase (you might have had that idea in mind anyway) 3- send motor to PlumQuick for speed upgrade. 4- high speed gears (big speed increase, big torque loss, increased load on all electrical parts). In my opinion, a F&R upgrade is needed for even a stock G16e, they were the worst (i wrote a thread on that upgrade using ezgo parts, or get a ScottyB switching contactor).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:27 PM   #3
06madaman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks cgtech! I appreciate your input, and since I just got new batteries I'll have to go with the motor/larger tires option. Thanks again!!
06madaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:15 PM   #4
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

That's interesting that you say that. I also have a 16e and my switch is just a rocker switch. Not like the switch on my Club Car.
Vinny73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If it is a original unmodified G16e, it has a lever by the drivers knee, like a gas car. If its a G19e, or G22e (sepex models), it has a rocker switch by the cupholders. The body (where the id sticker lives) is often changed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha